PDA

View Full Version : I keep worrying I'm going to die

blackcatbrigade
28-07-13, 22:01
I have gone from barely caring about my health to looking up every damn symptom I have and sorry to say, but Dr Google and me have been seeing a lot of each other recently.

I have been having this horrible chest pain/ache/tightness (not sure how to describe!?) for months now and it feels like I can't breathe at times and I'm going to die. Have been to the GP but soon as they see I have anxiety they just dismiss me :(. I wouldn't mind if they just checked me out to make sure everything was okay to give me peace of mind but they won't and now EVERY symptom I have - headache, tingly arm, stomach pain and the list goes on...I am on google.

I can't accept it is anxiety as I'm trying everything to not be so anxious - CBT, exercise, healthy diet, distraction and trying to relax more and even going gluten and lactose free - nothing is working. Maybe I'm in denial? Just I've never heard of anyone having constant chest pain from anxiety?

Has anyone else had this constant horrible chest pain on the left hand side too?

Sorry for the ramble one panicky person thinking they are going to die in their sleep tonight, which I know is stupid...Especially as I've had this thing for months now...Just can't shake it off. I keep telling myself I've had this for months and it won't be anything serious, but then I'll look on the Daily Fail (entertainment purposes only, I swear!) and I'll read some story about a woman going to their GP, being told she had acid reflux and then dying the next day. Okay, I'm rambling again...Sorry, anxious.

anx mum
28-07-13, 22:11
Hi just read your post I have feelings the same. Im scared cos my breathing dosent feel right and like you I worry myself more when its bedtime. Ive got an ache in my chest but the breathing concerns me more. Im trying to distrate myself but its hard try doing a relaxion cd that's what im gonna do. I really can relate to how u feel:hugs:

Stormsky
28-07-13, 22:14
Dr google isn't your friend! But you know that!
Unfortunately it is anxiety, I had constant chest pain, my docs were good tho..
Maybe change your surgery? A few basic tests may put your mind to rest....well ,for a few mins, until your next Dr Google appt !

roxy90
28-07-13, 22:23
Hey.
I could have written this myself, word for word. I have constant chest/back pain and even though.ECG, bloods.and.xray were clear I was still convinced I was going to die.

I still am, just of different things now! (currently flitting between brain aneurysm and pulmonary embolism!). Me and dr google see eachother every hour of every day. I don't know why, it only fuels my anxiety as I jump straight to the worst case scenario and panic.

Since my chest pains.I've had a multitude of other symptoms,.headaches, dizziness, leg pain, arm pain,.stiff neck amongst others. All dismissed as anxiety, like you they dont check me anymore.

Anyway, sorry for rambling but the newest GP i've seen (number 7!) diagnosed me with costochondritis, its horrible but most importantly not life threatening. Is your chest tender to.touch?

I.just.wanted to say your story is so much like mine its.scary! I know how you feel. I've gone.from being.a doctor avoider to.basically having my own seat in there! I live in fear and its.awful. Sorry I cant help you but.I'm here if.you want.to chat xx

Lilharry
29-07-13, 00:36
Keep up wtih the gluten and dairy free, but add sugar to it. You will feel worse at first, but after a couple of weeks you will start to see results. I have just been through something similar, but with a whole heap of additional symptoms and the diet has been teh one thing that has worked for me, but it's not a an instant fix. Check out the symptoms on here http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candidasymptoms.htm Do they ring any bells? If so, it's likely that candida is the cause and it's very treatable.