Anyone can help talk me through this anxiety/panic feel awful
came on after falling asleep downstairs, but also due a period
anytime sorry if TMI heart racing and scared:scared15:
What coping strategies do you use?
Manda

Elizzy
29-07-13, 02:33
Hi Manda,

I'm still trying to figure out how to calm down when panic and anxiety hits - but maybe if you watch a bit of tv; find something funny to cheer you up. Youtube also makes this quick and easy. Talk to someone if they're up. Best of luck - it will pass! :)

BessieMae*candothis!
29-07-13, 02:37
Hello my dear,
First of all you need to remember that it is JUST a panic attack and NOTHING more than that. You are not in any danger whatsoever and this is your body's natural response to danger. take deep breaths with your tummy, not with your upper chest. If you have to put your hand on your tummy so you can feel the breaths. keep telling yourself that YOU WILL BE OK. get up and walk around. I find that if I distract myself with ANYTHING you can think of helps. Just know that you are not in any danger.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

"body's natural response to danger THAT IS NOT THERE" that is what I meant to say.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Drink some water. keep telling yourself that you ARE OK!!! I am sorry you are feeling this way I know the feeling all too well :bighug1:

mandshere2000
29-07-13, 03:34
Hi
Elizzy and Bessie
Thanks you for your replys, it's really helped reading
your advice and has put my mind at rest, it just feels so scary at the time
the breathing calmed me Bessie so thanks for that advice
Manda

BessieMae*candothis!
29-07-13, 04:02
Hey we are all in this together!!! Don't ever feel like you are alone!! I just joined this forum and it has saved me tremendously!!!!!:bighug1:

mandshere2000
29-07-13, 07:02
Hi Bessie
You there, could do with a chat

Col
29-07-13, 10:45
Hi,tapping exercises a wonder around the house , garden. Music is good X

BessieMae*candothis!
30-07-13, 22:36
Was wondering how you were doing mandshere2000 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=38921)? I'm doing ok just dealing with this insomnia....

anx mum
30-07-13, 22:48
Hi Bessie
You there, could do with a chat

Hi your not alone feel the same been getting horrid anxiety attacks for about a week now. Its horrid got the breathing symptom and its scaring me is that what u got?