PDA

View Full Version : feeling rough!

kelly12
29-07-13, 09:57
Hello everyone, I have been doing alright for the past few weeks then last night i started feeling panicky for no reason then couldnt settle...I didnt get to sleep till bout 1 and had to be up at 5....I didnt have a full on panic attack just felt nervous and on edge!... Now today ive come in to work and im feeling really rough! my hands are shaking and im short of breath i have took a pill but it doesnt have seen to have worked... I dont want to go home im trying to fight it out.:weep:

Speranza
29-07-13, 09:58
Instead of fighting it, just watch it. Say to yourself, "I am feeling..." and just feel how it feels. Stay with it and it will lose its power over you. xxx

semper solus
29-07-13, 10:54
Hi Kelly

Sounds like your skiving out of work (only joking) if you have to much time to think about being nervous and on the edge.

Why not ask some workmates if they want to go out at lunchtime to grab something to eat. That might help take your mind off things. Failing that go do some retail therapy!!

xx

flossie
29-07-13, 10:57
:yesyes: above reply from Speranza. Accept that you have times when you feel anxious but that you will be OK. They are only feelings and nothing bad is going to happen. Fighting the feelings is the wrong way to think as you are unwittingly giving the them power to beat you. Treat it like a bully, the less attention you give it the more control you have over it. Just think,'OK I'm a bit anxious at the moment but everything is fine and it will pass.' and carry on with your work.
Accept these feelings and float through them. Don't fight, just accept that this is how you feel at the moment but all is OK.
Do you make time for relaxation exercises? They really can be a big help when you have anxious times.

meche
29-07-13, 11:23
I couldn't agree more with Speranza & Flossie. I had LOTS of days like that at work and the more I fought it the worse it got. I eventually learned just to accept it for what it was, feel the feeling and got on with my day. As bad as I felt (& some days it was real bad) I would eventually subconciously get engrossed in my work and maybe an hour or so later I would think 'hey - I survived that hour'. I broke it down and before I knew it, it was hometime and I usually felt so much better. Big hugs. xx