PDA

View Full Version : spent all weekend feeling

with2kidsnow
16-10-06, 10:35
overall pretty bad. I've been on remeron for almost 3 weeks now, yet I was still feeling very anxious and shaking/trembly all weekend. Canīt shake the feeling of doom and that there is something seriously ill with my mom. Even my heart seemed to hurt from all the worrying. I just don't know what to do anymore. Hubby wants me to go tell dr. that the meds aren't working, but I'm wondering if I'm beyond help or if I should go see a psychiatrist. For anyone who is taking meds and feels that they are working, do you feel well as in not worried at all? or is your sense of worry just dulled a bit? I was hoping that the meds would keep me from being in a state of worry all day long but I still think of my mom's health all day long so if you could offer some advice I'd really aprreaciate it. Thanks :-(

spuds
16-10-06, 11:39
Sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I have not been on medication for my anxiety so I don't know if it takes 3 weeks before they have an effect. I think your husband may be right - go back to your doctor and ask if they should be working by now. I always say this, but, have you read Claire Weekes "Self Help for Your Nerves"? It really helps. You can get it from Amazon.

I read your previous post and can see why you are so worried. It is very frightening to think of those you love being ill, but there are lots of helpful people here and some good advice. Take care.

tam
16-10-06, 12:22
hi im on citalopram and still feel anxious and panicked but the meds do dull it but dont take it all away.maybe go and talk to doctor and just explain ,but the meds do take 3 to 4 weeks to get in to you, so probally not working enough yet .hope this helps take care tracy.

yorkylover
16-10-06, 13:42
Hi you are not beyond help pet.Meds usually take about a month to notice any difference.Not all medication works for us,I had to try loads before I found one that helped.I also had to go through two weeks of horrid side affects but they settled down.If you are still feeling so bad go back to your gp,you may need the meds changing.Meds wont stop you worrying about your mum.I still worry all the time.
Take care

Ellen XX