PDA

View Full Version : Talk Of Possibly Going From 20mg to 40mg

Edward_1980
29-07-13, 13:35
I am on 20mg with the last month and I have just gotten over a very nasty side effects and now there is talk of me going up to 40mg. My nurse Aeneas called me up today ahead of my appointment with the Psychiatrist and actually said "20mg is nothing. 40mg is a therapeutic dose". I'm not sure I agree. Is this true guys?:shrug:

bernie1977
29-07-13, 13:56
I've just had a look at the patient information leaflet and up to 60mg is prescribed

Edward_1980
29-07-13, 14:02
Thanks Bernie. I'm full of questions now. If I am upped to 40mg tomorrow (Which I highly suspect I will be judging by what beef burger Aeneas said on the phone) will I get more side effects? I'm not full of self pity or anything, but boy did I suffer a heavy depression when I first started taking the Prozac. I thought I'd never get out of, BUT I DID and will do again if it happens with the 40mg.

bernie1977
29-07-13, 14:12
It's always scary for us anxiety sufferers when an adjustment is made to our medication. We expect the worse from side effects. Remember you faced the worse when you first started taking the Prozac. If you're not happy to jump from 20-40 ask if they'll let you do it 10mgs at a time then you might not get any side effects. You sound determind to try which is good.

I know exactly what you mean about the suffering we go through when starting these meds, it's awful and it's even worse when they don't work and we come off them and it was all for nothing. After trying Citalopram, venlafaxine and duloxetine with no luck I'll never go on one of those types of meds again as it was so awful. I see lots of people have success with them but they just didn't agree with me. I'm happy and settled on Trazodone now.

Fingers crossed for you Edward

Edward_1980
29-07-13, 14:19
Tell me about it Bernie. I know exactly how you feel. I went through hell with Lexapro and it was all for nothing because the med didn't suit me. I know how you feel there so don't worry.

bernie1977
29-07-13, 14:21
I worry that if the Trazodone stops working there will be no other drugs out there for me to try

Edward_1980
29-07-13, 14:48
There will always be something for you Bernie, don't worry. They won't let you suffer:hugs: