PDA

View Full Version : Cimetidine and PND questions

Orange Lightning
29-07-13, 16:32
Hi peeps, another question I'm afraid. I've been taking the drug Cimetidine for reflux for about 2 months now. It seems to work ok, but today I tried a little test and avoided taking it. I wish I hadn't! It was like a volcano in my throat! I just took the tablet an hour ago, but I felt relief a mere 10 minutes after taking it. If anyone else here takes this medicine, how quickly does it work? If it isn't quick at all, could it simply be my mind felt relief from the fact I took the medicine?

From keeping records over the last 3 months, I've not seen a pattern in what I eat or do being the cause of my symptoms (e.g. burning throat, mucus post-nasal drip, belching); in fact sometimes I did the exact same thing for 2 days in a row and would burn one day but not the next! Even lettuce and water makes me burn. I've no doubt the belching and mucus are symptoms of anxiety but the burning throat has me high-strung and worried..!

I was wondering if the burning in my throat could be caused by something else, maybe stress or the PND itself? I ask because on an evening last week, I was given a pizza and ice cream by a friend, and couldn't exactly turn it down as I had nothing else to eat. Despite these being A-List reflux causes, I didn't experience any symptoms until I drank some water 2 hours later!