PDA

View Full Version : fluoxetine side affects after 3 days?

Darren1
29-07-13, 17:07
So ive been taking my prozac for just 3 days and today i've been feeling nausea which I read is a common side affect. Is it possible to have side affects this quick though?

Speranza
29-07-13, 17:14
Yeah I think so.

Edie
29-07-13, 17:44
Yes, you can have side effects right from the very first pill. Unfortunately it normally takes rather longer for the good effects to start! I hope your nausea will pass soon.

Janine
29-07-13, 20:54
Yes it is some days will be worse than others and it is not always an easy road, but everyone is different, it took nearly six weeks for me to start feeling normal again, nausea is difficult, try and eat little and often even if you do not feel like it, I lost loads of weight but once you start to feel better you get your appetite back.

Speranza
29-07-13, 22:02
I didn't get any nausea but my GP gave me Omaprezole to counter it. But within an hour of taking the first one, I was almost knocked out! For about four days. I really thought I must be imagining it as it was almost instant.

Darren1
31-07-13, 08:59
ive woken up really dizzy today!! anyone else get that?

Speranza
31-07-13, 09:03
Yep. Although I then found out I had an ear infection which I missed as I thought it was side effects... lol

Darren1
31-07-13, 09:24
im concerned cos I don't know if it is side affects or my headaches :(

Speranza
31-07-13, 10:12
I had awful headaches for a few days, I took paracetamol and made sure I drank lots of water.

Darren1
05-08-13, 13:04
my dizziness and sickness has gone, hope it stays away!

i'm on day 10 now

Fras
05-08-13, 21:14
One of the annoying things in my life is deciding whether a symptom I'm having is something to do with anxiety, or just something normal and typical. It's like I am not allowed to have trapped wind, a headache, feel a bit light headed from blood sugar etc, without my anxious brain taking over and telling me "you're anxious, something bad must be happening, oh when will this end, woe is me" etc etc. annoying.

buildmeupbuttercup
05-02-15, 12:41
I too feel that way lol u are not Alone and now that ive started flu its had to tell wether its normal or a side effect or anxiety or just normal x

WalkingWithSpiders
15-02-15, 04:00
I know what you mean about being unsure what's causing a symptom! It's especially bad for me when starting a new med--if I have a headache, is it because I'm tense, the weather is changing, or a side effect of the med?

In response to the initial question about how fast side effects could happen--I had irritability within 2 days of starting Prozac. That then shifted to anxiety a couple days later, plus some headaches. After 3 weeks on 10 mg and various side effects, my psychiatrist is switching me to Effexor.