PDA

View Full Version : My Own Worst Enemy

ThomasM
29-07-13, 19:32
I just recently started to suffer Anxiety and it has hit me pretty hard.

My symptoms include head rushes, loss of concentration, blurry vision, tight chest, feel like I am losing control, light fuzzy headed and de-realisation.

What scares me most is I feel like I am losing my mind and nobody wants to help me and get so upset and emotional about it. I get the fuzzy headed feeling for hours and days and it scares the hell out of me like nothing on earth.

I go to the doctors and ask them for something to calm me down and they say we have this that and the other but we wont give you as we don't want you getting addicted to it. It's so frustrating and this makes me worse. I try to calm myself down but when I still don't feel right this again makes me feel worse and it feels like a vicious circle.

I think not understanding what is happening to my body adds to the anxiousness and like the title says makes me my own worst enemy.

I would love to hear from people with similar symptoms as my own and other people too as I am struggling right and really need some reassurance. This is hard for as well as I usually deal with everything myself and it is such a turn around and feel so vulnerable for the first time in my life.

Thanks for taking the time for reading.

Sands
29-07-13, 19:49
Everything you have said is typical of anxiety. I felt exactly the same and it's horrible to not feel like yourself. Adrenaline pumping round your body will make u feel strange. Anxiety tricks you into thinking there is something wrong with u so u enter a fear cycle. Best thing you can do is carry on as normal letting all the strange sensations be. The quicker you can stop adding more fear to an an already sensitive state the quicker u will recover. It takes time expect to feel weird for a while

ThomasM
29-07-13, 20:17
What I hate more than anything is I will be fine, joking about with my wife and family and boooooooom, it hits you like a ton of bricks and it totally freaks me out. I totally lose it and start snapping at my wife when she is only trying to help. I feel so bad and always get emotional but cannot control it...

Sands
29-07-13, 20:26
I honestly know how that feels. Suddenly ur hit with sheer terror. Read nothing works a letter to myself, it may help. It helped me :winks:

TheScript
29-07-13, 22:27
I get the EXACT same symptoms (except for the tight pain) You're fine these are typical anxiety symptoms and i've seen 100s of people write these symptoms on this forum, including myself.

ThomasM
30-07-13, 22:39
The symptoms just scare the living crap out of me and I am trying my hardest to deal with it and doctors just gave me propranolol to deal with it and it is doing nothing for me.

I have had the ambulance out and both times my heart scans have been perfect but the symptoms continue and still make me think there is something wrong. I am now struggling to sleep, I keep waking up at night, not getting a proper sleep but I am trying to not lose control but it is hard.

Controling the symptoms is so hard, I feel fine one minute and then the next I will feel something else.

Does this happen to all of you ?