PDA

View Full Version : Swab results :( please help

Sarahlou85
29-07-13, 20:01
Hey x last Thursday I went to my gp as I had vaginal discomfort she did a swab to test for thrush bacterial vaginitis anyway sh said that my results would be back either today or tomorrow I've phoned up loads today and they are still not back I'm so worried that there is some seriously wrong don't normally take that long surely :( I've been with my fiancé 10 years and we have three beaut children I just feel worried sick I'm looking for some female advice Sarah x

aggiecuttler
29-07-13, 21:14
i would not worry they are probably just late, probably be in tomorrow so dont panic, i expect it will just be an infection sorry i can not be to much help but it will be fine blessings

Speranza
29-07-13, 22:00
She did say "Or tomorrow..." It will be ok. x

flori
29-07-13, 23:31
Hi Sarahlou,

That`s really only a couple of working days since the test was taken. Try not to worry because the result is not back on the day the doc said. Probably be a slight delay in the lab.

Lilharry
30-07-13, 07:08
Delayed results don't have anything much to do with what they're testing for, it's just the work load they have to get through. They're obviously busy, so don't worry about it.

joelhall
30-07-13, 12:44
Remember it's been the weekend! Labs are short-staffed on the weekends.

Sarahlou85
31-07-13, 00:01
Hi everyone thanks for replys well I phoned docs and they said that they been looked at and no further action needed so that's great im still using the cream and still itching hmm still don't get it :( anyways at least other things have been ruled out xx

AuntieMoosie
31-07-13, 02:06
Hi Sarahlou,

It may be something to do with the soap you're using hun.

Us ladies have very delicate skin in that area that can easily get irritated by different things.

Have you tried using a very mild and almost unperfumed soap?? Perhaps one of the baby soaps which are very gentle, or even the baby liquid soaps, I have a friend who uses the Johnsons liquid baby soap and she says it's really good and she doesn't get the irritation now.

Also watch what you put in the bath too, some of the bubble baths contain lots of perfume and other chemicals which can be an irritant to the skin.

Avoid using any talcum powder in that area too :)

Finally, if you're not already doing this, I'd switch to all cotton briefs, they're much better for your skin as they allow it to breath :)

Sorry if you're already doing this stuff, I just wanted to throw in some tips for you :)

Sarahlou85
31-07-13, 17:43
Hi thanks for the advice I'm not sure what's going on I was thinking maybe something to do with starting my period and its hormones not sure but I've had cystitis feeling again feel bit fed up so tired today can't wait to go to sleep thanks everyone for the lovely kind messages means a lot that you all take the time to reply best wishes to all Sarah xxx