PDA

View Full Version : what is this

lisad1977
29-07-13, 20:03
hi everyone. I have been having terrible headaches for months now every day. I have dizzy spells with them blurred vision. walking off balance. feeling sick and tremors in fingers more on my pinky finger on right hand. i'm scared I have a brain tumor. plz help............

TheScript
29-07-13, 22:30
That doesn't sound like brain tumor. Are you getting enough sleep and are you sleeping in a right position (this can cause headaches) dizzy spells/off balance could be from shallow breathing but i'm no doctor

AuntieMoosie
30-07-13, 00:07
Hi there,

The sort of symptoms you have could be as a result of many things hun, most of which are not serious, it could possibly be a migraine sort of thing, lots of people get all sorts of weird and wonderful symptoms with migraine, it isn't always just a bad headache :)

Unfortunately, we're not doctors on NMP so we are really unable to diagnose you and it would be wrong for us to even try.

My advice would be for you to make an appointment with your GP, they will be able to examine you and help you with your symptoms.

Please DO NOT go and ask Dr Google!!!! it wont help you :)

If we look at it in a rational way, brain tumors do happen, but if you think of all of the people who suffer from headaches and such, the vast majority will have something that is easy to fix and not serious in any way, so instead of scaring yourself with brain tumor thoughts, think of all the much simpler things that it most likely is :)

Kenna5027
30-07-13, 04:13
Sounds like my symptoms when I get a migraine.

You should make an appointment with your doc, and you'll probably want to see a neurologist. If it is a migraine, they will give you medication for it -- and since it has been constant for awhile, they will probably want to put you on preventative medication, at least until you get them more under control.

Speranza
30-07-13, 06:30
Hi, you do need to talk to the doctor. Is this the first time you have felt so worried about your health? Tell them all about it, they will reassure you and maybe do some tests which I hope will reassure you. I can say that it certainly could be loads of Not Terrible things, but whatever it is I expect you can find some relief from them.

Good luck!

Gill

lisad1977
31-07-13, 20:58
thnx everyone I went to doctors got go bk in two wks. if still same ct scan to b done

Anxious_gal
01-08-13, 03:07
You should go to boots and get a full eye exam, they can see tumors and all sorts from looking into your eyes. They can also take a picture of the back of your eye.

I get migraines, so I get general headaches every day. They are lots of medications that are just to help migraines.

I also get TMJ, my jaw muscles tense up and that causes most of my headaches, I think.

Also if you have any issues with your sinues, I have a few polyps? in mine and from what I read they can cause headaches too. I've still to get that test where they put a camera up your nose. I read they can be removed but I don't think I want to go that far just yet.