PDA

View Full Version : Stopped Meds Without...

ScheifferB
30-07-13, 01:06
I've stopped my 10mg Citalopram without consulting the doctor, obviously the medication was working and made me feel that I could manage.

I've been off them for about 1 month now, I've been having a few panic attack and anxiety attacks. When I was on them I only felt the anxiety, didn't panic as much.

I'm not sure what to do... I'm going to Reading Festival in August, and last year I was on my citalopram when I went and I had a really good weekend. I don't know if I want to go this year and have a full blown panic attack just because I didn't stick to my course properly.

My mum has 20mg citalopram, I was contemplating snapping on in half and taking the 10mg up until October when my Course is due to actually finish. Any advice?

Anxiety has just come back severely.

shotokansho
30-07-13, 02:15
I think you need to go back to your GP and explain what has happened, he/she needs to know really.

xBettyBoopx
30-07-13, 02:53
I've stopped my 10mg Citalopram without consulting the doctor, obviously the medication was working and made me feel that I could manage.

I've been off them for about 1 month now, I've been having a few panic attack and anxiety attacks. When I was on them I only felt the anxiety, didn't panic as much.

I'm not sure what to do... I'm going to Reading Festival in August, and last year I was on my citalopram when I went and I had a really good weekend. I don't know if I want to go this year and have a full blown panic attack just because I didn't stick to my course properly.

My mum has 20mg citalopram, I was contemplating snapping on in half and taking the 10mg up until October when my Course is due to actually finish. Any advice?

Anxiety has just come back severely.

Go back to your doctor. But I have to ask....why did you come off of them if they were working?

Speranza
30-07-13, 06:37
I had a friend with Schizophrenia who used to respond to feeling better by thinking she didn#t need her meds. Every time! She never learnt but she eventually married a guy who can make her listen... ;)

Yes, go back to the doctor, they won't tell you off!! And you want to enjoy the festival, right?

Edward_1980
30-07-13, 12:42
You need to see a Doctor. Never come off your medication without consulting a professional. I made this mistake last year and ended up in hospital after a bad episode.

Edie
30-07-13, 13:12
Go back to your doctor. They won't be cross.

jayjoe18
30-07-13, 20:41
I'd go back to your doctor and explain, I'm sure it happens a lot when people feel better! Is your mum also taking Cit for anxiety?

SarahH
30-07-13, 20:49
Yes everyone is agreed....go back to your Dr......if 10mgs worked the you should not have come off it:doh:

Stormsky
30-07-13, 21:21
If you want to go back on them ,then see your go and do it properly..
If you want to stay off them, then look at exercise and diet..that's what I did when I came off.