PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of everything!

xBettyBoopx
30-07-13, 03:05
I don't know what's happening to me but I have become afraid of everything! From the phone ringing and knocks at the door, to being afraid of bumping into someone I know and having to talk........going to the dentist, doctors, hairdressers....you name it. Neighbours panic me if they speak but also panic me if they don't speak becoz then I feel that I've done something wrong. I don't see any way out of this hole!! Things have got so much worse and I don't know why:weep::weep:

I have had anxiety and panic attacks since I was a kid and have had it up to here :wacko::wacko: points to above my head:lac::lac: Not much of a life and scared to die.

Speranza
30-07-13, 06:33
Hi Betty, I can relate to what you say. I have coped (or not!) with phobias and anxiety since I was a tiny little girl. Recently though, a work situation pushed me over the edge into the state you describe. I am currently on Fluoxetine (Prozac) which is really helping.

So my question is, if you think about your life, what has changed which might be that 'last straw'? If you are used to dealing with being an anxious person, it must mean that something has added to what you were already coping with..? Have you had a bereavement, or a shock, or is there a situation in life which you are very uncertain about at the moment?

All the best to you.

Gill x