PDA

View Full Version : Mental Health Subforum?

Edward_1980
30-07-13, 15:37
Would there be enough interest in a Mental Health sub forum?

mikewales
30-07-13, 17:29
I don't think there is really any need for one as the whole of the site is basically a mental health forum, with subsections for the various problems we get.

steveo
30-07-13, 19:51
Isn't this entire forum and mental health forum??

SarahH
30-07-13, 20:27
Isn't this entire forum and mental health forum??

Ditto

Edward_1980
30-07-13, 21:52
Sorry, my bad. What I meant was a subforum for Bipolar, Schizophrenia and Borderline.

steveo
30-07-13, 22:10
Schizophrenia isn't dealt with as much on this forum. This website covers more for the anxiety spectrum sufferers such as those with panic attacks, depression from the panic attacks and various phobias that cause panic attacks such as social and health phobias. There is also a small medication section, which mainly just deals with medication that is relevant for sufferers of these anxiety conditions. Although a couple of antipsychotic medications are listed, these are the ones that generally are given to patients during acute episodes of anxiety in conjunction with an SSRI.

I believe there are some really great forums that deal more with schizophrenia and bipolar elsewhere online. I think if this website was to cover ALL mental health problems, then the forum would be huge and the 'no more panic' name would no longer be relevant. I personally have signed up to another website, just for more help with diazepam for instance.

ElizabethJane
30-07-13, 22:36
Schizophrenia isn't dealt with as much on this forum. This website covers more for the anxiety spectrum sufferers such as those with panic attacks, depression from the panic attacks and various phobias that cause panic attacks such as social and health phobias. There is also a small medication section, which mainly just deals with medication that is relevant for sufferers of these anxiety conditions. Although a couple of antipsychotic medications are listed, these are the ones that generally are given to patients during acute episodes of anxiety in conjunction with an SSRI.

I believe there are some really great forums that deal more with schizophrenia and bipolar elsewhere online. I think if this website was to cover ALL mental health problems, then the forum would be huge and the 'no more panic' name would no longer be relevant. I personally have signed up to another website, just for more help with diazepam for instance.

I agree with much of what you have said Stephen. I go onto a bipolar website for help with the lithium that I take. It doesn't mean that people with bipolar,schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder are not welcome on NMP of course they are and we can post on the general meds and other forums.EJ

steveo
31-07-13, 11:06
Oh absolutely! I didn't mean to sound like I don't think people with other conditions are not welcome here at all!! I'm sorry if I came across that way!

I was just really trying to say that this website mainly deals with all things 'anxiety' related and sometimes for other conditions, it's best to check out some of the other more specific forums that are available for those other conditions.

Everyone is welcome here of course!!!! The more the merrier!!

Edward_1980
31-07-13, 13:22
I posted about Borderline Personality Disorder the other day. I just didn't know what section to put it on :)