PDA

View Full Version : so fed up help

tam
16-10-06, 16:41
Hi all im so sick of feeling like this i get were i feel good ish then bang.Nothing seems to trigger it off it just hits again,im just so sick and fed up of going up and coming down.I have felt dizzy again today all day and i can feel that my breathing is shaky.Itake citalopram but i dont know if they do anything or not .I am better than i was 3 yrs ago but im stuck in a point were i cant seem to go forward any more,whatever i try to do nothing works. Would love any help or advice.Sorry to moan so much but its getting me so down,feeling like this .Thanks for reading.:(

domino
16-10-06, 16:50
Sorry to hear your feeling crap,but could i ask what are these meds for i see them appear alot on posts. could it be that these are making you feel the way you do. and are you eating properly.sorry to ask this but do,nt suffer to this extream .

clarabell
16-10-06, 16:52
Hi

I know exactly how you feel, and to be honest i cant offer much advice, as i am in the same boat, 4 years of hell, sometimes better than other, but i am going through a bad relapse at the mo, and struggling with the side effects of citalopram, 11 days today and still feel like s***.
All i can say is that you are not alone at all, i am right there with you !!

Take care and i hope it gets better for us all!!

Claire x

tam
16-10-06, 17:12
THANKS FOR REPLYS CLARABELL AND RICKARDS REALLY APPRECIATE THEM.RICKARDS CITALOPRAM ARE ONE OF THE MEDS GIVEN FOR PANICK AND ANXIETY I THINK THEY HAVE HELPED ME A BIT BUT I FEEL SO TIRED AND STRANGE I DONT KNOW WHETHER THEY MAKE IT WORSE AS THERE ARE ALOT OF SIDE AFFECTS WITH MEDS.I HAVE THOUGHT OF CUTTING THEM DOWN BUT WHAT IF THEY DO HELP MORE THAN I THINK AND I GET REALLY BAD AGAIN,JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR THE BEST.

ceecee
16-10-06, 18:10
hi tam i know how you feel!!!i too am so fed up with feeling this way(i have a couple of good days,and then its followed by a few weeks of feeling terrible again!!!!)so i have got some meds(ciprelex)i got them 2 weeks ago,but have not wanted to take them,but my family keep telling me to take them(they think as soon as i start taking them i,m going to be anxiety free straight away!!!!)don,t get me wrong they are sp supportive,i don,t know how i would have coped without them,so i started them today.i really didn,t want to but i know that i have to at least try!!!i,m only on 5mg,but i didn,t want to take the whole tablet so i cut it in half!!!!i doubt 2.5mg will really do much,but i just want to do it gradually!!!!.i was on citalopram a few years ago i stayed on them for 8 months,and then decided to come off them,which was a really rash decision, as i didn,t feel ready to stop them,but didn,t like the thought of being on meds.sorry to babble on,just wanted you to know that you are not alone,and that you can always pm me if you want a chat
take care rachel x

domino
16-10-06, 22:15
why do,nt you try cutting down and see what affect this has on you. keep a diary of how you feel,you did not mention what strengh these drugs are,Im certain these are what my neice is taking and i,ve never seen her in such a state.you can email/pm me anytime,take care youxx

-FReaK-
16-10-06, 22:57
When I was prescribed Citalopram, the first 2 weeks were pretty terrible. I was a shambles, I remember breaking down in tears at the thought of rhubarb (don't laugh). I was watching a program about how rhubarb grow in the dark and I just couldn't handle it. Makes me laugh now to think about it, but at the time it was my lowest point. In the end, Citalopram really worked for me (after being unable to eat for 14 days) - sorted me right out. I think it's a question of trial and error with your meds.

You will get better though. You have to believe that.

yorkylover
16-10-06, 23:01
Hi tam Im on citalopram and the first two weeks was hell,but I carried on and the side affects went.Im feeling better in myself.Still have down days but not so depressed.I still get anxious and panic and have been given beta blockers as well.Dont cut down on the citalopram to quickley.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

surreylady
17-10-06, 07:25
Hi Tam

Sorry to hear you arent feeling so good. I take cipralex which is a form of citalopram but with fewer side effects, and I find they work wonders for me. Maybe pop to the doctors and tell him, see what he suggests, you may just need to change meds or dose, and it might just do the trick for you. Hope things get better for you real soon

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

tam
17-10-06, 09:17
hi all thanks for advice but i have taken citolopram for 2yrs but now i feel ive come to a point were i am not moving forward, i have come a long way as when i started i couldnt get out of the bedroom never mind going out.i just dont know were to start next as im good then bad and feel like im stuck here.love tracy

honeybee3939
17-10-06, 19:45
Hi Trace,

As your GP mentioned anything about councilling? You have come along way by the sounds of it, Well done! just sounds like need a liitle more help, i was like you Trace, i spent 6 months in my bedroom, The Citalopram did help alot, but with advice from the CBT councilling it helped me futhur up that road of recovery.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Dave777
17-10-06, 21:49
Hi Tam., PM me any time you like, I know how you feel.
I am determind to fight the blues, it takes a lot of effort but I find distraction works well.

take care
Dave x