PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosed! Meds! Woo!

Freaked
30-07-13, 16:49
Well I had a tilt table test today and a team of people got to see some of my impressive constellation of symptoms. Didn't totally pass out or lose vision, but came close enough for them to see some things. Got diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure when upright), a compensatory fast heart rate and a tendency towards vasovagal syncope (fainting). In other countries this is called POTS, but apparently they don't like that term here. Either way, they prescribed medication to increase my blood volume and it might be a big help to me.

Being diagnosed with an illness is not something most people on these boards look forward to, but it's been so obvious something was wrong with me for so long now I was just worried I'd die before they started figuring it out. Still not entirely over that fear as there may well be more layers to this thing (and it's given me serious HA). But it was at the point where no one was even suggesting it was anxiety; a real arrogant a-hole psychiatrist said I had a somataform disorder. That's where your mind supposedly creates symptoms up to and including actual blindness, seizures, etc, and I'm sure you can see the potential for serious misdiagnosis there. Really hope I see that guy again :D