PDA

View Full Version : Small bump bone cancer posibility?

anxioussss
30-07-13, 17:15
Hello, I'm really stressed out about this small bump below my knee. Firstly I'm going to see the doctor, but I just have so much anxiety about it right now. Thing is I have had swollen lymph nodes on the neck recently and have a few painless lipomas around the body that I never got checked, but gonna get them checked tomorrow, because I think it all might be a sign of something bad. What's worrying me the most though right now is this bump on the leg. First I noticed it like a month ago and it was very small and completely painless, so I didnt pay attention much to it and was still working out and running. Though a week ago I got first aches on it, but went away quite fast. The same day I got swollen lymph nodes on the neck, because a cyst popped out on the back of my head. Doctor prescribed me antibiotics and said to come back after a week if it doesnt get better. The cyst came down and neck lymph nodes got smaller, though this weekend I started having aches on that leg bump again. These past three days that I have been having them it only got worse. First it was only mild aching, now aching is almost constant and I get some moments of short sharp pain. Also I think the bump might have gotten a bit bigger, even though its still pretty small. I'm also not sure maybe these symptoms are caused by health anxiety, which has been really awful for me lately, I can't even fall asleep past few days, because of the aches and anxiety. I also feel aching when I put pressure on the leg, like when walking. I've been reading alot about symptoms and I'm really worried about bone cancer osteosarcoma. Though I don't many other symptoms, such and night sweats or waking up with pain. I can't fall asleep, but I don't feel fatigued much. I have doctor appointment for tomorrow, though would still like to get opinion here, could this be something not serious and just anxiety is causing me most of this, or does this really sound like bone cancer.
Here's the picture of the bump: imgur.com/3jCyIeA
It's small, roundish, not swollen. Doesn't hurt that much when u press it, just aching on itself. Really hard and not movable, feels like a bone.
Thank you.

Jeninthesky
30-07-13, 17:54
You said you are a runner. Hello. I am a runner too.

Running is one of the most taxing sports on your body. Your knees take the brunt of it, really. Due to lots of wear and tear on the knee, small cysts or calcifications can develop, which are completely benign.

Your doctor will get you sorted out and you will be as good as new!

Take care,
Jen

anxioussss
30-07-13, 18:01
I hope so. I have been running for only around two months now and I haven't ran in few weeks and pain just got worse during this time. I also noticed some small skin rash on the side on the knee right now. I'm freaking out with this anxiety.

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Also as I said its very hard, not moveable and feels like a bone, so I doubt it could be a cyst. Really concerned it might osteosarcoma, which is rare, but more common around my age. I'm 22 years old.

Panicbox
30-07-13, 22:36
Hey I have the same bump :) I went to the docs and he said its just a ganglion and is harmless so you probably have nothing to worry about :)

lisak789
31-07-13, 14:00
Hi there, Please let us know how it goes for you at the doctors! I am sure it will all be fine.

anxioussss
31-07-13, 21:06
He sent me to get an x-ray so got that done today. Also asked to get some of the lumps that I think are just lipomas to get checked, so gonna get ultra-sound for that. So now gonna have to wait a couple of weeks to see him and get info about the results. Gonna have to try deal with anxiety for that time, still very anxious :(