PDA

View Full Version : Funny face sensation

Ats666
30-07-13, 18:08
Has this for a few days now, my face right side has a numb feeling but it isn't actually numb. I don't know if I'm making it feel like this as I'm very preoccupied with right side at the moment, but I am now working myself up thinking I'm going to have a stroke or a brain bleed. Does anyone else get this? :weep:

Female healthanxiety
30-07-13, 18:55
Hello Atts,

I get this A LOT!

My HA is heavily based on Heart attack and stroke symptoms.

My DR said its a form of a headache, they do come in 100s of forms.

It's so hard to try and forget about it I do understand.

Can you do anything to take your mind of it?

K x

Ats666
30-07-13, 19:17
Hi thanks for the reply, it seems to have eased a little. I'm just so fed up of all these little aches, pains and sensations driving me into a panic xx

Female healthanxiety
30-07-13, 19:57
Hello Atts

Horrible isn't it, I am now sitting here feeling like I have a dead left arm... Arghhhhhh!

Anxiety sucks x am glad your feeling has lessened - I find when I have that I take a nurofen and it feels like it eases xx

Ats666
30-07-13, 21:52
My arm right side again has a strange sensation, like a tight skin feeling. Can anxiety really cause all these symptoms? xx

fedup36
31-07-13, 09:06
Hi Atts666,

I have this issue to! My whole face sometimes half sometimes all of it, the places change regularly go numb, well not numb but the sensation is different to normal! The doctors aren't sure what's causing this but think its a combination of a migraine, tension in my neck and shoulders from being anxious and anxiety combined :( I have an mri though and nothing nasties going on there so I wouldn't worry! :)

princesszelda
31-07-13, 19:46
I get this a lot. Happened at first when I found out a friend was diagnosed with MS (my biggest HA fear) and happened again for DAYS when my grandfather was very ill and passed away. Happened a bit this weekend when I was driving across the desert for 4 hours.

I spoke with my doc about it and she wasn't too concerned, and told me it was most likely anxiety related.

I have all sorts of weird symptoms too. :(