PDA

View Full Version : In a state of calmness after suffering some severe anxiety

JCRyanDenton
30-07-13, 19:36
At the moment i am in a decent state of calmness after being anxious on and off today, last night my anxiety got very bad and thought i was gonna die. But i went for a walk, felt anxious pretty much through out the duration of it, but now im feeling calm.

All the symptoms are pretty much gone but does this prove there is nothing wrong with me apart from anxiety?

PanicPod
30-07-13, 19:52
It's a strange feeling isn't it, when the feelings of anxiety leave you. I felt the same today and was "searching" for the state of tension and anxiety and felt absolutely exhausted. Distraction is the key to dealing with the anxiety and you have done it well today.
I have started keeping a note book of my feelings and how I have dealt with them and can read it and see the improvement I am making.
Try and remember if you get the anxious feelings again, you didn't die and you did deal with it and you are strong and you became calm again.
Take care.

JCRyanDenton
30-07-13, 20:01
It's a strange feeling isn't it, when the feelings of anxiety leave you. I felt the same today and was "searching" for the state of tension and anxiety and felt absolutely exhausted. Distraction is the key to dealing with the anxiety and you have done it well today.
I have started keeping a note book of my feelings and how I have dealt with them and can read it and see the improvement I am making.
Try and remember if you get the anxious feelings again, you didn't die and you did deal with it and you are strong and you became calm again.
Take care.

Its such an awesome feeling.

The good news though, i had an x ray last week and im gonna get the results soon, and im seeing a breathing therapist on thursday. In other words hopefully this might go away soon...or at least subside until a later date since my anxiety is periodic.