PDA

View Full Version : help!

Nicol92
30-07-13, 22:16
A few years ago I developed a fear of being sick in public, I'm not sure where it came from, it was so bad that I was classed as anorexic because I refused to eat unless I was in my own home. It was normally worse of I was on a bus or in a place where I felt I could not leave or did not know where the nearest bathroom was. For the last few months it hasn't been as bad nd I had been able to put some weight back on, but now it's creeping back and starting to affect my job, I was just wondering if anyone else was going through the same and had any tips on how to stop this happening again, as it when it first happened it caused me to be very ill which I still suffer with to this day. Please help!

Angelai
17-08-13, 00:13
Hi, I don't know if this will help... I find that the emetophobia is often completely controlling me, but then sometimes it's just about bearable. It gets worse if I am stressed/more anxious and/or unsettled for any reason.

I carry motilium 10 (domperidone) every where I go - it's an over the counter pill for nausea/bloating etc. They also do instants now which you just place under your tongue and they dissolve. I do find that just knowing I have them in my bag can help.

You probably know this, but I will say it anyway - not eating will make you more likely to feel s**k. Carry some crackers with you when you are out and about, even eating a few of them can take the edge off the acid which causes nausea.

Finally, talk to your gp if you can. They may be able to prescribe an anti-emetic.

It's not easy to keep going to work every day when you feel terrified like this, I know - I've been there. The last thing you want to do is put yourself in a situation that's 'risky' for you. I hope it helps to know that there are (sadly) lots of us who understand and know how it feels x