PDA

View Full Version : 100% sur i have hiv

scared2death
31-07-13, 08:19
hi,

I had unprotected sex with an ex boyfriend for about a minute ( he did not ejaculate), before I stopped. I know hiv virus are present in Pre ejaculation. 4 Weeks after the incident I started to get these terrible headaches for about a week and the flu. I had the chills, fever, sore throat and achy muscles for about 4 to 5 days. I then notice this tender swollen node in my throat when I swallowed and it were tender for about 2 weeks when I googled to see what it was. Then I actually saw that my "flu" actually were ARS symptoms. I started to notice more swollen lymph nodes in my neck and later an itchy lump on my lady part. that day it burnt when I urinated. I then went to the doctor for a rapid hiv test 2 days before the 3 month mark which came back negative. That evening I started to get a dark brown flat rash on my upper back, arms, legs and torso area, some itchy and some not. It is 2 weeks later and the rash still persist and now I have tender swollen nodes under my buttocks and both groin areaand severe nausea. I also experienced diahrea for 2 days! I have all the classic symptoms for ARS and Hiv and think my test was neg because I took it 2 days before the 3 month mark!! I am so sure I actually have HIV and are very scared. My generalized lymph nodes that I still currently have and the rash surely are prove of it! I am so scared!!

nomorepanic
31-07-13, 09:39
Silly question but why don't you take the test again now it is after the 3 month mark?

steveo
31-07-13, 11:12
After a flu like virus, lymph nodes generally are present and more noticeable and can stay that way for a considerable amount of time before they settle back down. In basic anatomy terms, our lymph nodes are where our defence cells are, and they come into action when we have a virus in us, such as the flu. Once you start to home in on a swollen lymph node, it's very difficult to get it out of your head, and then we can notice others that we didn't pick up on before.

Rather than unnecessarily worry about it, if you are past the three month mark, go and get checked. Otherwise you will continue to speculate on what you probably don't have.

If I speculate long and hard enough, I can probably believe I have any illness. There are very few symptoms unique to just one illness. Flu like symptoms and swollen lymph nodes are normally present with most illnesses.

Let us know your results.

scared2death
31-07-13, 14:53
thank you for the advice. Ill go for another test. just scared out of my mind. just want to know if the 2 days apart really makes a difference?

scared2death
05-08-13, 09:21
Hi all,

just wanted to update that I went for another rapid hiv test at 14 weeks after exposure and my results came back hiv negative.:)
doctor said I should get over my anxiety and view my results as being conclusive.
I am just still working on my anxiety at the moment though. It will probably take time since I still notice the hiv symptoms:weep:

venusbluejeans
05-08-13, 13:48
That is good news :)

fingers crossed for you that you can now put this behind you and trust the test