PDA

View Full Version : Someone help please!

Nicola Main
31-07-13, 09:53
I have work at 1pm and I'm really panicking as it's going to be cloudless and very bright and even though it's only a few hundred yards down the road I'm starting to get very anxious. I'm trying not to think about it but I'm visualizing where I'm going to have to walk and I really do not like these bright sunny days! I have a pair of sunglasses which I wear to work and have set up a bit of a routine when I leave the house which goes thus: walk down the pavement heading east where there's a stand of trees which shades out the light a bit, at the last tree, cross the road (this is scariest bit as it's a lot more open and on a straight line) to the next pavement and then focus on the gardens on the right hand side, (e.g. that's the garden with the meerkat ornament, that's the garden with the Fiat Bravo car parked outside) and I try and occupy my mind but I just feel like running all the way to work. Can anyone recommend anything else I can try? Someone told me to try listening to music on my mp3 player as I walk as it might distract me but somehow I don't think that's going to work. I'm always praying for some cloud at least but today is very expansively blue and the sun is extremely bright. If the worst comes to the worst I could always phone the shop and get someone to come for me I suppose :shrug:

Any help greatly appreciated thanks! :)

aggiecuttler
31-07-13, 11:48
i think your formula is a great idea, how about singing or going through a poem or something as a distraction thats definately the way to go blessings