PDA

View Full Version : Lanzoprazole making symptoms worse

kingkong
31-07-13, 12:59
Dear all,

I have been having this bloating, belching (and the other one as well) and lots of gas for the last few weeks.
Things settle down for two days, then they start again for four days.
I was put on a course of Lanzoprazole, but it is only making the gas worse.
Previously, I did not have a burning feeling in the tummy, but now I have a burning feeling as well.
I can actually feel the yoghurt going and settling inside the tummy.
Has anybody had this before?
I am getting really scared.

Thanks

ankietyjoe
31-07-13, 16:25
I've just been prescribed these by my GP as well and they made me feel awful. I took them 3 days in a row, twice.

On both occasions I had hunger pangs and nausea, but more concerning to me was that after the second tablet (on both occasions) I became completely devoid of energy to the point where I had to pretty much lay on the sofa on day 3.

I didn't take the 4th tablet yesterday and today I feel much better.

kingkong
02-08-13, 12:13
Hi Joe,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Sorry to hear that you have been having problems with this.

In my case, I feel like the whole stomach is bloated like a balloon.
Then I keep belching and fa** all day.

Do you have the same problem as well?

Did you get the symptoms ( like acidity) worse when you stopped it?
In my case, if I stop the capsules, the symptoms come back with a vengeance.

Thanks

mummyanxious
02-08-13, 12:25
There is omoprazole which is slightly different in some way. One made me bad and the other was fine. Can't remember which way round it was though. Ranitidine made me have the runs :( I think it's trial and error and perhaps go and ask to try something different.

emlica
02-08-13, 12:28
Friend of mine had issues with lanzoprazole (burning sensations) but was fine on omeprazole. Have you been diagnosed with an actual condition, or is this just to treat the gas and acid?

kingkong
02-08-13, 12:47
Hello mummyanxious, I will mention about it to the GP.
My Mum says omoprazole works best for her. My dad says Ranitidine works best for him. I agree its more of trial and error.

Hello emilica,

I have not yet been diagnosed with an actual condition. The GP thinks its chronic dyspepsia and acidity. I have regular blood checks every 3 months, and the last one turned out fine. I also had a UT scan in november 2012, an X-Ray, UT and CT in november 2011. They found some gall stones ( the size and position were the same in the scans).

The GP has ordered H-pilori test next week. Based on the results, he said he will decide what next to do.

mummyanxious
02-08-13, 13:08
I've had gallstones and they can cause all the issues you've mentioned. It's also when I was on the meds.