PDA

View Full Version : Thud in chest / dizziness

Dazza
31-07-13, 14:13
Over the past week, been getting some chest thuds, from one per day to a few per day.... just had one this evening, when I had it, I suddenly went dizzy for a second. Then my heart raced for a while (was panicked!)

Worried about the thud / dizziness... I used to get these years ago, but they went away... i don't know why they are back, but it's making me worried I have a heart abnormality. My biggest fear!

ankietyjoe
31-07-13, 16:19
I've similar symptoms for years, and even as a very sedentary 41 year old I've just had a clear ECG.

It's almost certainly stress/anxiety related, but just go and get it checked out for your own peace of mind.

xvolatileheart
05-08-13, 08:26
I get lots of these. My ECG and ECHO were completely normal, I was told they're just PVCs which lots of people get. If it helps give you peace of mind, go to the GP and ask for a heart check up, but I'm sure you're fine!

ddonaghey1989
18-08-13, 22:09
its palpitations some people just get one whereas other people have this for half an hr or whatever. i got that one thud last week when i was resting felt dizzy and faint straight away took me ages to calm down bt havent had it since. ive had scans and things done on my heart and its perfect x