PDA

View Full Version : There's something moving under my bedroom floor!

Uncertain27
31-07-13, 15:23
I was woken up at 4AM by it last night, and I had a panic and woke my sister up thinking it was ghosts or something. My sister said she heard it just after we moved in apparently, but that was when we were sleeping on the floor. My mum says it's rats but I'm still scared, and it keeps me awake. Would rats be loud enough to wake you up?
It started sounding like it was under my bed, and I thought it was the cat playing with my laptop charger and things, but there was nothing there, and it got louder and moved to the other corner of the room after a while.
:unsure:
I couldn't get back to sleep until it was daylight, at about 7AM, and I was too tired to attend my Pertemps meeting this morning, so they will probably threaten to stop my payments as well, and my sister is annoyed with me for waking her up.
The bedroom is downstairs by the way, it's not over the basement and the cat definitely wasn't in there.

Speranza
31-07-13, 15:26
Could be any small animal. As long as it's under the floor you'll be fine!

nomorepanic
31-07-13, 15:37
Could be a mouse that the cat bought in. We have removed about 30 from under our floorboards so far.

Tessar
31-07-13, 15:57
our cat brings mice in regularly. one time they were in our kitchen cupboard..... honestly, when i opened the door i really did think it was going to be a rat because it made soooo much noise. it was only mice.... that's all. its more the inconvenience of having them indoors that bothers me. they are quite cute really.....

Uncertain27
31-07-13, 15:59
Could be a mouse that the cat bought in. We have removed about 30 from under our floorboards so far.
Our cat doesn't generally do that, but I suppose she might have. I also noticed there are little vents under the bedroom window on the outside, so I wonder if rats or mice have been squeezing in there from the back garden.

Tyke
01-08-13, 04:27
If the gaps are only small it is more likely to be mice. Rats need a bigger gap!

Speranza
01-08-13, 08:56
My friend moved house and left a hamster living in it somewhere, it got out months before and she had the floor up, but couldn't find it. BUT she could still hear it - so someone near me is wondering the exact same thing!