PDA

View Full Version : So tired of my brain tumour anxiety!! :(

anxious_thoughts
31-07-13, 18:27
I have so many symptoms, but I hate the one I get every time I look down. My forehead always starts hurting, and I get this weird sensation around my eyes. It's been happening since April. I'm just so nervous and fed up with it, it really scares me and make me think it's the brain tumour. :( anyone have had this before?

nomorepanic
31-07-13, 19:10
Have you had the sinuses looked at yet?

It is still not a brain tumour though ;-)

anxious_thoughts
01-08-13, 01:36
I'm too scared to get my sinus X-ray done :(

And I'm really hoping its not a brain tumour

nomorepanic
01-08-13, 01:37
Why are you too scared?

It is not a brain tumour but you don't want to find out what it is?

anxious_thoughts
01-08-13, 02:05
I was just looking down for a few minutes. And I started feeling this pressure at the top of my head almost like moving downwards. :(

nomorepanic
01-08-13, 02:06
I know and you have had it for months. We keep offering help and suggestions but you seem to ignore us???

anxious_thoughts
01-08-13, 02:41
I'm not ignoring anyone. I reply to everyone and thank them and I do look back and read them when I'm going through anxiety but there are days where I get it bad and need new advice and reassurance. Anxiety doesn't go away over night, we all know that. I getting help, I go to therapy now. And it is helping, but like I said some days are worse than others.

nomorepanic
01-08-13, 02:50
But we have told u for weeks on end it is not a brain tumour

Just update previous posts and not start new ones so we have the history of it all

almamatters
01-08-13, 07:05
I have been through brain tumour anxiety as well but I agree with Nic you need to get your X-ray done for your own peace of mind. If it is your sinuses then that can be treated and you can move on from this. I know only too well how scary tests are but it is the only way of finding out what is going on. xxx

aggiecuttler
01-08-13, 07:41
hi sweetie, you should have messaged me, you need to bite the bullet and get an mri however much you worry an mri will be the only way you will get the piece of mind you need so much, so get a scan, I am sure you don't have a BT please don't forget you can message me whenever I am always here for you, oh and you need to consider getting some meds to level you out I realise that you are not keen but it has to be better than suffering like this, blessings

sam09
02-08-13, 00:28
Hey I know how u feel. Im having a bit of a off day but ive had summer cold sore throat and that. Too damm hot so that is annoying me making my stuffy head worse. Ive had brain tumour worry the same as u granted my worry is not as bad as it used to be.

I really do think if you had one you would have known about it by now hun. I know its not easy to do but try not to worry about it life is to short.

Jeninthesky
02-08-13, 02:20
Sometimes I feel like the only way that we will be satiated is if we are diagnosed with the disease we most fear. I highly doubt you have a BT, but I think it will take more than an MRI for you to feel better (e.g. the technician must have read the contrast wrong, it's def a BT, I just know it!) Have you spent some time with a therapist? Mine helps immensely with the HA

anxious_thoughts
02-08-13, 06:51
I have been through brain tumour anxiety as well but I agree with Nic you need to get your X-ray done for your own peace of mind. If it is your sinuses then that can be treated and you can move on from this. I know only too well how scary tests are but it is the only way of finding out what is going on. xxx

Thanks for the reply :)
Even if it is sinus related, that really doesn't answer a lot of my questions regarding my symptoms. I've had symptoms for over 10 years, can sinuses do that? It's only recently that my nose has seemed stuffy and that I have a lot of phlegm in my throat. :(

I'm just so nervous because I read that the brain tumour head pains worsen with movement and certain positions, I can't even lies on my sides because I get head pains :(

---------- Post added at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

hi sweetie, you should have messaged me, you need to bite the bullet and get an mri however much you worry an mri will be the only way you will get the piece of mind you need so much, so get a scan, I am sure you don't have a BT please don't forget you can message me whenever I am always here for you, oh and you need to consider getting some meds to level you out I realise that you are not keen but it has to be better than suffering like this, blessings

Thanks so much for the advice Catherine xx

I really want to get an MRI done but I feel like I would chicken out last minute and not get it :(

Jenn xx

---------- Post added at 01:49 ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 ----------

Hey I know how u feel. Im having a bit of a off day but ive had summer cold sore throat and that. Too damm hot so that is annoying me making my stuffy head worse. Ive had brain tumour worry the same as u granted my worry is not as bad as it used to be.

I really do think if you had one you would have known about it by now hun. I know its not easy to do but try not to worry about it life is to short.

Hello, thanks for replying!
Makes me feel better to have reassurance from people who have brain tumour anxiety.
What kind of symptoms did you have?
And I totally agree with what you said about if I really did have one I would know it, and I feel that deep down I know that but I just can't make myself believe it

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 ----------

Sometimes I feel like the only way that we will be satiated is if we are diagnosed with the disease we most fear. I highly doubt you have a BT, but I think it will take more than an MRI for you to feel better (e.g. the technician must have read the contrast wrong, it's def a BT, I just know it!) Have you spent some time with a therapist? Mine helps immensely with the HA

I agree with what you're saying about the MRI. If my symptoms were to still continue I still wouldn't be able to get over this.

I've done 3 sessions with my therapist so far, I love it and its helpful! I just can't stand my symptoms, they always set me off :( I can't lie on my sides because of the head pains I get

swajj
02-08-13, 15:06
You don't have a brain tumour. Doctors know what the real symptoms of a brain tumour look like. Headache isn't one of the initial symptoms of a brain tumour. It is one of the last. You would have been really sick by the time you reached that stage. Keep going to your therapist. I think it takes about 5 sessions before you start to really notice improvement.