PDA

View Full Version : Now scared about pulmonary embolism... great

tn13
31-07-13, 19:36
So I spent the past two weeks scared I had a DVT because I had pain in my calf (posted a thread about it here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=138571)). Went to the ER, my GP twice and the after-hours clinic and they all said it was sciatica, though nobody did a d-dimer or ultrasound. The pain is lifting from my leg but now I've moved on to being afraid that the clot has moved on to my lung. I'm focusing so much on my breathing that I can't tell if I'm having trouble or not. I went to the after-hours clinic yesterday and the doctor listened to my breathing and said it's clear. I was having some asthma troubles last week but taking my inhaler seemed to fix that. Over the last few days I've noticed that when I climb the stairs I get worn out really easily, not gasping for breath but my heart is pounding. I'm very out of shape and it's probably from that and I just haven't noticed it before, but I'm still anxious that this is new.

roxy90
31-07-13, 20:12
This is my current fear at.the minute. rushed myself to A and E five weeks ago convinced I had a pulmonary embolism. I.didn't. I went through a million other fears and now Im back to pulmonary embolism.

I read that 95% of PEs are caused by DVT. I was happy til lo and behold my calf started hurting. I had a d-dimer, negative. Then my other leg hurt so now i'm paranoid that a clot has.developed since Friday causing a pulmonary embolism! My fear is down to bad chest pain,.especially when breathing in. I struggle.to accept.doctors opinion of muscular problems.because it.feels so.bad.

It sounds utterly crazy but the fear is so real, I.think I'm going to suddenly collapse of PE.

If it makes you feel better. I've been told that a clot on your lung that is.big.enough to be life threatening would give you serious symptoms and wouldn't ease.x