PDA

View Full Version : tummy pains- Girls only pls. thank you.

N206
29-06-04, 16:06
ive not been out anywhere since saturday so i know ive not got a virus or anything but ive got this horrible tummy ache from my belly button out to the left side. its constant there,weather ive eaten or not.. laying on my tummy helps but when i get up again it creeps back.
anybody know what it could be??
also ive got all these twinges in my lower abdomen,a bit like period pains but im not due for weeks. is that different or relaated to my other pain?!
i could just do with a whole stomach and bowel transplant!

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

nomorepanic
29-06-04, 16:18
Hiya

Can you rule out appendicitus? Not sure what sort of pain that is to be honest and it may even be on the other side (you can tell I am not a doctor).

Don't mean to be rude but are you constipated?

Does pain relief help or have you not tried any yet?

I get a lot of dodgy stomachs mainly caused by acid build up in the stomach. You can over the counter remedies for this but I use a prescribed one that the doc gave me - cures it in a day.

That is a terrible pain too!

Things to relieve it are cut out alcohol, cigarettes and any spicy or acidy food.

Try drinking milk or peppermint - that may settle it.

Hope some of this helps?

If not, then maybe a doc's trip is needed just to be safe.

Nicola

megs
29-06-04, 16:24
Hi

I get lots of aches in my abdomen, both sides. My doctor says its irritable bowel which can be brought on by stress. Appendicitis happens on the right side in case you weren't sure.

Megs
xxx

N206
29-06-04, 16:27
its not appendicitis, i think thats on the other side!
im not constipated, i go usually twice a day..
not tried any pain relief, didnt want to agravate it,as i dont eat much and i find pain killes can give me stomach aches!

my mum thinks i get alot of excess stomach acid because i dont eat properly and my strees and axniety levels ar high. so it could be that.

im not a smoker or drinker so that rules that out too... and the last time i ate spicy foods i cant remember!
im terrible at eating anything that might upset me, i live on very bland and plain foods.

just fed up with having some kind of pain most days!
x

Elle-Kay
29-06-04, 18:06
My sister sometimes complains about this sort of thing, and with her, most of the time it turns out (not wishing to be crude) to be wind... She too complains of pains in odd places, and finds that the best way to relieve it is to lie on her tummy.

Could you try chewing a "Wind-eze" tablet, or swallowing a level teaspoon of Andrews liver salts in a tumbler of water to see if that helps? Failing that, a warm hot water bottle wrapped in a towel may help to ease the ache while you're resting :)

~* Do what you want. Nobody else will do it for you *~

charliesanangel
29-06-04, 18:14
Are you sure you dont have a pelvic infection? i used to suffer with them all the time just after a period and when i lay on my tummy the pains used to go untill i moved, they were like a constant dull ache similer to period pain.

stimpy
29-06-04, 22:16
Leah took the words right out of my mouth,
I was just going to suggest Windeze.

Trapped wind can get everywhere, and all it needs is to press on something to make your whole abdomen feel tender.

Fingers crossed the pain should go away on it's own.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

N206
30-06-04, 14:37
i do suffer with bloating a little bit,and my stomach is always popping and churning constantly in my tummy and bowel area. i sometimes feel like theres a hard lump inside me and i can push it and it moves around or dissapears.. wind perhaps!?

How can i prevent it? i never used to be windy,or bloated til i became extreme anxious all the time. Could it be due to poor eating habits?im terrible at regualry eating,because im just so tense all the time im not hungry. i eat loads of extra strong mints on an empty stomach too.

i wake up most days with a pain in my side and passing wind relieves it slighty- i feel like my body holds it in over night maybe?!!? sound awful i know but thats what it feel like-that i hold everything in so i get pain when i wake up then it bothers me ive got pain and the panic starts!
what am i like eh!
Really im answering my own questions here, that its all related to wind and lack of food and digestive upset due to panic.. i just dont no the best way to get it all back working properly!

xxx

charliesanangel
30-06-04, 14:49
if you eat to many mints they can cause wind and have laxative effects lol

N206
01-07-04, 19:00
can they?!
Trebor extra strong mints?! i knew that sugar free could do that because of the ingredients that are the sugar substitute but i hadnt heard of it in extra strongs??!
can anyone verify this?
x

nomorepanic
01-07-04, 20:21
Most have a warning on the packet if they can cause a laxative effect if taken in great quantities.

Not sure about extra strong ones but even chewing gum has it on!

Nicola