PDA

View Full Version : hi I am new here

LLADDIS
16-10-06, 23:53
I am a Police Officer who has recently found the courage to admit that I am anxiety sufferer and more importantly sought help for my problem
I have just started CBT and my therapist recommended this Forum as being the best around - I agree wholeheartedly

Men (especialy when in a macho dominated job)are very very reluctant to admit they have a problem with anxiety as they perceive it as a sign of weakness
I wish I had found this forum years ago as I can already see the massive impact it has upon sufferers of the often hidden misfortune

Keep up the good work - I hope to be a regular contributor

LIFES A BEACH THEN THE TIDE COMES IN

clickaway
17-10-06, 03:48
Hi, and welcome aboard. Its always good to know that we are being recommended by professionals.

Yes, you are right about us men not being open enough, although I have never been like that. Must be my feminine side lol.

Anyway, you will see a lot of good advice both on this forum and on our main pages.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

mazzatazza
17-10-06, 07:10
hi im mazza and well done for joining the site i didnt realize how many people were going through what im going through you will make plenty of friends and great advice on here take care xx

mrs m bevis

wobily_lin
17-10-06, 11:29
Hi,

A warm welcome to the site. You will find great advice and support here and also make some good friends. Yes it's hard for any of us to admit we hav anx and we do try to play it tough at times so well done for you.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yorkylover
17-10-06, 13:00
Hi there and welcome,you will make many friends here and get some really helpful advise.
Take care:)

Ellen XX

momo
17-10-06, 13:17
Hello!

Well done for signing up :D

Keep us updated on the CBT.

Mo x

trac67
17-10-06, 13:56
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

honeybee3939
17-10-06, 18:58
Hi LLaddis !

A BIG warm welcome to you! Great news that your therapist recommended you to this Forum, You certainly will find some great advice and make new friends here !!

Love

Andrea
xxxx

LLADDIS
17-10-06, 20:17
Thanks to everyone for your kind and welcoming words
I wish I had known of this place when my anx was at its worst
Keep up the good work
JOHN

LIFES A BEACH THEN THE TIDE COMES IN

carlin
17-10-06, 20:52
Hi there and welcome, am so sorry I haven't welcomed you sooner. You will find lots of good people here with lots of helpful advice. Please never be ashamed of how you feel. Speak soon xxxxx

nomorepanic
17-10-06, 21:10
Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great advice and support on here.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

ceecee
17-10-06, 21:52
hi jon
welcome to the forum
take care rachel x x

Daisybun
18-10-06, 22:33
Hi John and welcome to NMP. This is a great site, you'll find lots of support and help. Great to have you on board. Good that you are getting CBT hope that it is helping.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

manmoor
19-10-06, 09:45
Hi John,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx