PDA

View Full Version : Relapse

pickycricky
01-08-13, 02:56
I went through a program last year that took about 6 months and really helped me. I was able to manage the pa and all the anxiety. About 6 months ago I was also able to get off meds. I've been doing great! Then the last week I've had some issues w/my job, thinking I might have to change jobs and it's caused me to sort of spiral again. It's so frustrating! I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Has anyone else had a setback? Is it easier to pull yourself out of it? Very frustrated right now!!:mad:

Greldin
01-08-13, 10:08
I have had two major setbacks in my recovery. They meant I was unable to get to work on my own and had to rely on family and colleagues for lifts into work. At the time of the first setback I didn't know if I was ever going to get back to normal - it was a horrible experience. But I recovered completely within a few weeks.

The second setback was two weeks before my wedding. With a strong will and a lot of support I made a near full recovery by the end of those two weeks. So it is certainly possible! You will find it is quicker to get back to normal after a setback than it was to get into the 'feeling great' position in the first place. Just keep making small steps.

hunter2go
01-08-13, 11:11
I've had the same, I'm 32 now but three yrs ago I was in a real bad place after loosing a very close family member and my partner misscarrying and also worry about my job I felt like I would never get back to normal but things did after a while. well I say that I must of spent hrs and hrs at the docs thinking there was more things wrong with me than just anxiety.... But I was feeling quite good, I've had the odd little wobble but nothing major until about 3wks ago my mom has started suffering with anxiety real bad after having a scare about her health and also my mother- in- law is going through the mill, so with that my anxiety has flared up again I feel like I can't get away from it but in the back of my mind I know I will, I just need to get things under controll again all the best

pickycricky
01-08-13, 22:09
I'm actually already feeling a little better than I was yesterday. I had a HORRIBLE night last night but been much better today. I don't think this relapse will make me have to start from square 1. Yesterday just had me very frustrated and anxiety ridden!! Thanks guys! :hugs: