PDA

View Full Version : Shortage of Men in this forum as admins

LLADDIS
17-10-06, 00:02
Hi there I am a newbie here and have noticed a big shortage of male admins in this Forum or maybe I am wrong
I would volunteer to give a male perspective on most topics and in particular there is a big need for Guys to stop suffering and get help
Its a male thing to not admit to panic or anxiety
But the sooner that sufferers come open about their compaint the sooner they can be helped

Phill2
17-10-06, 02:20
Donno about you but I find women more understanding
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

clickaway
17-10-06, 03:44
Hi,

I'm the only male admin on here and so feel obliged to reply :)

I think part of the reason I was appointed was because previously all the admins were ladies. There seems to be a perception that we are in a special position to give out sound advice, but really we are no wiser than any other member who follows this forum on a regular basis.

However, any member can give their perspective on any topic irrespective of whether they are admin or not. I see much of my role as checking on the conduct of the forum.

I think its quite noticeable that most of the posts here are by women, although we have a good percentage of male members, but a great proportion of them have a tendency to stay in the background. I suppose that's part of the male "I can cope by myself" thing.

If you, or anyone else feels the need to discuss a point with me, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

LLADDIS
17-10-06, 07:15
Clickaway - its nice to know I am not alone here ...lol
I guess if more men would admit they even have a feminine side there would be a lot less suffering in the world
My female CBT therapist says a man isnt a man unless he can cry then his next step is to admit he can cry ..what wise wise words from her young shoulders

Keep up the good works

LIFES A BEACH THEN THE TIDE COMES IN

Trev
17-10-06, 11:52
Hi,

Wise words indeed. I'm in touch with my feminine side. Every yoga class I go to I am the token bloke (in dodgy leopard skin leotard I might add, but we won't go over that again!).
Having said that, there are one or two more appearing these days so it takes the pressure off!!

Personally, I don't care what sex I'm dealing with (well there are cetain times when I do but again that's probably best left there!! :D[:I][^]).

Even though men have bigger brains I find that advice given by either sex is equally helpful.

Cheers,
Trev :D

Piglet
17-10-06, 15:16
Sound post by Trev as always - it is hard to take you seriously though hun when my image of you is leaping around in a leopard skin leotard!! (But as you say we will leave that there - what did we start!!!)

Even harder to take seriously is Ray now, ever since he told the story of Thora on quiz night!!!!!

I guess I am the most professional admin on here if we discount my pringle addiction and fondness for chickpea necklaces!

I have just had to explain to a cooker repair man why and how a phial of perfume came to be in the back of my cooker! Whilst he found it most amusing at over £40 I didn't find it quite so funny!!!! I can't even blame the piglets for this one!

Piglet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

carlin
17-10-06, 15:25
Hi there, I think we are all open to any advice from either sex.I had not even thought of it before, just that I got the help when I needed it??? As for Trev. oh my lordy!!! what a sight eh? as for men's brains being bigger, is that why they all have such big heads??? now as for Piglet? Please tell all....hope no offence caused am in a silly old fool mood again, they will put me back in the cupboard at 4. xxxjean

honeybee3939
17-10-06, 19:08
LOL !

Im sat here just visualising Trev in his dodgy leopard skin leotard!

Wish i went to the same yoga class as Trev ! What a treat that would be !:D LOL

Love

Andrea
xxxx

LLADDIS
17-10-06, 19:35
LOL this thread has brightened my day lol
Keeping a sense of humour is vital at times - humour does much to stave off the glums

Piglet
17-10-06, 19:57
Jean I honestly wasn't trying to make the cooker smell nice!

A big welcome to the site Lladdis :D

Piglet x

clickaway
17-10-06, 20:10
You know I lent Thora my leotard and am still waiting to get it back:D

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Trev
18-10-06, 09:58
It definitely helps to try and laugh where you can in my opinion. Anxiety can get very draining and serious as we all know.

I can't believe Piglet that you did not rise to my "men have bigger brains" comment!!!!! I only put it in there in the hope of getting a big response!!!! :D[}:)]:D[}:)] Well done Jean for sticking up for the ladies :D

Andrea, funny enough I now seem to be the only person in the class since I got the leotard dry cleaned and it shrunk 2 sizes!!

Cheers,

Piglet
18-10-06, 10:22
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I can't believe Piglet that you did not rise to my "men have bigger brains" comment!!!!! I only put it in there in the hope of getting a big response!!!! :D[}:)]:D[}:)] Well done Jean for sticking up for the ladies :D

Cheers,

<div align="right">Originally posted by Trev - 18 October 2006 : 09:58:23</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Just biding my time old bean, biding my time!! :D:D:D

:D:D:D that will make you nervous now - never quite knowing when I will wreak my revenge [^] are you glad now you joined an anxiety forum!![}:)] Look out for something very painful involving Pringles [Wow!][Yeah!]

Piglet :)

Trev
18-10-06, 10:36
Oh no, not the crushed Spicy Chilli Pringles in the leotard again. Plays havoc with your downward dog!!

I'll have to be on my guard around the Pringle section in the supermarket in case you leap out from behind a pile of Salt & Vinegar and spit half eaten Rolos at me. You are not Kato by any chance are you? :D

Piglet
18-10-06, 16:19
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Piglet xx

trac67
18-10-06, 18:04
Piglet, I was going to question you being the most professional admin here, but after my episodes this week, I have no chance of competing for the title now.

I answered my daughters boyfriends mobile phone 4 times saturday night while they were out and no one would speak to me, I said to my middle daughter I must be cutting them off somehow and it must be important for them to keep ringing, then on the 5th go I actually realised it was the alarm clock going off on the phone and not someone ringing at all [:I], now today I was stroking a cat that was sat on my garden wall and i said to my youngest daughter aww how cute is this cat and its the spitting image of Becks (my cat), Erin fell about laughing saying Mum thats because it is Becks [:I]

Is there a cure for losing the plot??? I blame the anxiety you know, but I guess I haven't reached the stage of cooking perfume yet so there is some hope for me lol

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

carlin
18-10-06, 18:14
Oh goodness me!!! Just think people actually come here, including me of course, for help and advice from you lot....oh deary me. (no, not dreary me) I just hope that i keep on smoling and keep on smiling too!!! I don't make light of serious matters but it is so good to be a little stupid at times and you lot are more than a little stupid!!! lol xxxxjean

nomorepanic
19-10-06, 17:15
I think all the admins on here have lost the plot LOL [:O][:O]

I have created a monster HAHAHA [:P][:P]

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

LLADDIS
22-10-06, 20:19
its so good to see the humour in all this -smiling is so important because it wakes the soul

Piglet
22-10-06, 20:32
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">now today I was stroking a cat that was sat on my garden wall and i said to my youngest daughter aww how cute is this cat and its the spitting image of Becks (my cat), Erin fell about laughing saying Mum thats because it is Becks [:I]

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

<div align="right">Originally posted by trac67 - 18 October 2006 : 18:04:22</div id="right">

Yes, but have you ever stroked one and it turned out to be a handbag!!![:I][:I][:I]:D

Lladdis you will have to start more of these threads hun! :D:D:D

Piglet xx

trac67
22-10-06, 20:58
No but I did have a screaming fit when the dog poop i cleaned up off my grass hopped off the spade, as infact it was bloody toad, all my neighbours thought I had gone mad when I screamed OMG the dog poo jumped [:I]

Hmmm should I be admitting these things

Trac xx

carlin
23-10-06, 13:45
See what I mean folks? You should have someone like me running this place.......My poor pussy (leave it!) died a few years back and I STILL at times think my black handbag is her???? I also thought i kept seeing things recently out of the corner of my eye, grey (ish), moving, thought it was only another anxiety symptom, calm yourself women, do not be afeared....it was a blooming mouse!!! mind you my hand-bag caught it! xxx

Piglet
23-10-06, 14:09
You and I are very alike Jean - the others will have to watch their handbags or we will be putting collars on and feeding them :D:D:D

Piglet xx

net
23-10-06, 14:32
reading this has been very comforting for me as i now realise i'm not losing the plot cos i'm not as bad as you lot :D
all i've done was leave my little lights on in the car park and came back to a flat battery had to call aa out to charge me up [:I]

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

LLADDIS
24-10-06, 10:21
Is there a plot or do we just pretend there is a plot
if we cant laugh along with ourselves .We are each individualy special in some way - so lets enjoy what we have
Hugs all round as we laugh together XX

trac67
24-10-06, 11:18
Actually good idea, if there wasn't a plot in the first place then we couldn't lose it, so that means we are all sane.............yay i'm going with that one from now on lol.

Trac xx

GAD
03-11-06, 21:20
:D:D:D:D I have to say - you lot have realy made me laugh tonight, THANKS!!

Michelle.

jill
03-11-06, 21:40
When I first came to this site I thought I was going mad. I'm fine now, BUT, I understand a little more,

You don't have to be mad to join this site, but it helps, you are all nutters. LOL [:P][:P][:P]

I have had a good laugh reading this thread. what a great bunch of people you are.

LOVE JILLXX

Laugher is a medicine, it makes us feel better.

Piglet
03-11-06, 22:14
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">,

You don't have to be mad to join this site, but it helps, you are all nutters. LOL [:P][:P][:P]

LOVE JILLXX

<div align="right">Originally posted by jill - 03 November 2006 : 21:40:58</div id="right">

Aww you say the sweetest things - still not sharing my pringles though :D:D:D

Love Piglet xx

carlin
04-11-06, 17:00
Jill, you ain't getting round me mate, have just been to the ivory coast with fatima (our latest con artist) and spent the last 2 days under the kitchen table looking for my voice which I lost after my very quiet birthday celebrations - mad Huh! what an insult lol xxxxjean Hope you are doing ok Jill x

jill
07-11-06, 14:36
hay, Piglet,

**Aww you say the sweetest things - still not sharing my pringles though **

Has no one ever tought you to share, Ohhhhhh goooo oooonnnn, giz a pringle LOL

I have heard of Charlie and the choc factory, have you got a pringle factory [?]

Piglet and the pringle factory. got any unpa lumpas LOL

LOVE JILLXX

jill
07-11-06, 14:40
Hi Jean

I heard all about your quiet birthday party and why you lost you voice mmmm I think I'll loose my voice on that one too, not saying nothing LOL [:P][:P][:P][:P]

LOVE JILLXXX