PDA

View Full Version : Strange stitch like pain under right rib cage

willous1
01-08-13, 07:39
Yesterday I went on a small walk and felt a pain under my right rib cage near the bottom. Nownim scared. I keep reading about that football player that has just died from nowhere. His me is Christian Benitez. Now I thinking something serious. It feels like a stitch type pain and I got it again this morning.

greywind
01-08-13, 10:45
More likely an intercostal muscle strain mate.. That footballer died of heart failure. Heart attacks feel like unbearable indigestion, not stitch (my grandad has had 4). I actually came on here with the same problem.. My pain in in my lower back too though. You

willous1
01-08-13, 14:26
Just seen this, did two threads by mistake, can the other one be closed? If it was similar or heart attack like wouldthe symptoms have come and gone and come back again. Its when I walk or something. Im so scared. Could it be nothing. I dont know what indigestion feels like. Its just under right ribcage near bottom part.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

I have just bent backwards and the pain was quite bad, when I am upright its okay. Please can someone help.

emlica
01-08-13, 14:49
Could be trapped wind from what you've described - I get this from time to time. Under your ribs you have a couple of bends in your intestine so gas can get kind of stuck. Heart attack is pretty unlikely to be under your right rib cage given your heart's on your left and I don't think it would come and go! I had this stitch-type pain under my left ribs for most of yesterday - worse if I breathed in deeply or bent over in a certain way. Took some Rennies (indigestion tablets) and it had gone by this morning.

willous1
01-08-13, 16:36
Thank you, does anyone know what else it could be

willous1
02-08-13, 06:15
I've just woken up with one shoulder in pain and read Google. It says on a lead up to a heart attack you could feta pain in a shoulder can someone please help

princesszelda
02-08-13, 06:21
How often do you work out or walk? Before I worked out I got an stitch like pain below my ribs EVERY time I walked or ran. It hurt when I walked, or when I breathed in too deeply. I called it a "side ache." It was simply muscular and felt better after a time of inactivity. :)

willous1
02-08-13, 07:12
I don't work out too much. I'm feeling sick now. Should I go a&e

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 ----------

I hate Google. Never felt this bad

---------- Post added at 06:55 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

My doctor listened to my chest a few weeks ago would he of noticed anything

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 ----------

Please

emlica
02-08-13, 08:10
OK - we are not doctors. Also, you've had some advice as to what it could be and your reaction seems to have been just to look for what *else* it might be, so I don't think anyone on here is going to be able to help you with this at this point.

You might very well feel sick just because you are - quite literally - worrying yourself sick. Pain from trapped wind *can* - weird though it sounds - radiate to your shoulders (it's a peculiar sensation, but it does happen - people who have had any kind of abdominal surgery often report pain in their shoulders afterwards as a result of trapped gas). If you've pulled a muscle or something under your ribs, then you might be moving oddly, which will affect the rest of that area, including your shoulder. Pain under your right rib cage might also be your gall bladder playing up - which can also cause pain in the shoulder.

BUT - if you're genuinely as worried as you say you are, and if the shoulder pain is severe (the rib pain really didn't sound severe from what you said), then I don't think we're going to be able to help you on here. From what you've described, if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't go to A&E. You might still be in time to ring your GP and ask for an emergency appointment today, if for no other reason than that she/he will be able to check the things you're worried about. (most GPs in the UK hold a few appointments for emergencies, but you have to ring as soon as they open).

willous1
03-08-13, 09:51
I was in hospital yesterday and had an ECG - didnt realise they only took a few seconds. Gallstones was the most likely answer.

skippy66
03-08-13, 13:22
Just one of life's random aches and pains - try not to dwell on it.