PDA

View Full Version : How can i know for sure i'm not going crazy?

TheScript
01-08-13, 12:45
I have been diagnosed with anxiety but i can't stop thinking what if there's something really wrong, what if i go crazy.. What if my brain will just snap at one point.

I can't get the thought out of my mind. I'm analyzing myself all the time and checking to see if i'm not thinking or behaving out of the ordinary in any way. My head feels weird all day (which i think is from worrying) I have panic attacks over this all the time too.

So tired of worrying and thinking about this all the time, how do i get this thought out of my head? Sorry for posting about this again

SarahH
01-08-13, 12:58
Thinking you are going crazy or going to lose you mind is part of anxiety. It's a symptom that many have (including me).

EnoughAlready
01-08-13, 14:03
I would imagine if you go crazy you will not be aware of it unless its a moment of clarity - the fact you are analysing yourself and very aware of what your thoughts are I would say means your quite with it and just suffering from acute anxiety fella.

Do something perhaps that requires a little concentration to take your mind of it if you can, if I get start to get panicky and am at home I go and lift a few dumbells to try and use up the adrenalin thats starting to flood my system

TheScript
01-08-13, 14:46
SarahH - it sucks right. What do you do to take your mind off it? I keep having anxiety attacks over this thinking this time it will happen, but it never does.

Distraction helps alot.. I'm so tired of thinking and worrying about this.. can someone reassure me

flossie
01-08-13, 17:26
Anxiety cannot make you go crazy. If you were crazy you wouldn't know and you wouldn't be asking about it so there is no need to worry about that.
It is anxiety that is causing you to think this way and I expect the vast majority of us here have had similar thoughts during our bad times.
You are OK, you are not mad and you will not go mad.
You are right, anxiety sucks, but you can work through this and it will get better for you.

Breezy
01-08-13, 17:36
Hi. I know exactly how you feel. My therapist told me that if I was going crazy, I wouldn't know it - it would happen without awareness.

You are not going to go mad, crazy or lose it - even though it strongly feels this way. Ask yourself, what would happen if you lose it? What is the worst that is going to happen?

Reassure yourself and challenge your negative thoughts. They are just thoughts and do not mean that what you are thinking is going to happen.

Distraction, counting, doing something you really enjoy all help. You are not alone. It feels horrible, but nothing is going to happen to you.

jill
01-08-13, 18:14
Hi hun :D:hugs:

How can i know for sure i'm not going crazy? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139434)

Ohhh hold on hunny before you go anywhere......

Anxiety has many, many symptoms and thoughts, scary thoughts, going crazy thoughts is one of many.

I had this when acute (other symptoms along side this, will not go into may contain triggers) but as you can see hun, you ARE NOT ALONE :hugs:

I know its dame hard for you right now and you are really struggling to understand just how powerful our minds are when it come to panic/anxiety and how it can give you all these symptoms/scary thoughts.

THIS WILL PASS, it will :hugs:

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

moonspirit
01-08-13, 18:50
Hiya

I feel like that too i just want the pain in my head to go ..... it just constantly keeps nag nag and nagging to the point where you feel you are going to loose it, i have to try and keep myself busy to try and get the negatives out of my head .... another good method when i feel panic coming on is to keep your head still but focus your eyes on something to the left then to the right keep doing this until it passes apparently it keeps both sides of our brain busy so you cant think!!

TheScript
02-08-13, 13:20
Thanks so much for the reassurance :) feeling alot better today.

jjgamesroom73
02-08-13, 13:37
You should take medications, review your regimen with your doctor. Perhaps changing medications or changing the times you take them may help you.

Worrier13
13-05-14, 09:45
Hey! I have this exact thing and it's really ruining my life :/ Could we take about this, like the symptoms for example, together? :) Like via mail/whatsapp/facebook etc?

Oosh
13-05-14, 11:23
Hey! I have this exact thing and it's really ruining my life :/ Could we take about this, like the symptoms for example, together? :) Like via mail/whatsapp/facebook etc?

hiya, me again

if youre after some penpal/mail/whatsapp/facebook friends who can relate why not start a thread about yourself in the penpal forum. There are also the people who are already on there looking for friends such as your self.

This is an old thread and the posters may not be about at the moment :]

Worrier13
13-05-14, 19:45
Oops, I did not realize this was this old :) I don't really know have to use this site but I'll try to find that penpal thing, thanks!

Oosh
13-05-14, 20:09
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Click that
:]

Fishmanpa
13-05-14, 20:11
"How can i know for sure i'm not going crazy?"

If you think you are you're not. People who are in true psychosis don't realize it.

Positive thoughts

Worrier13
15-05-14, 17:49
I know that and I know for sure that I'm not insane now. Im scared that my symptoms and all this crazyness is a ''before'' stage and that it will eventually happen.

Oosh
15-05-14, 21:04
Here Worrier13, here's a current thread with current posters on it who feel/have felt like you do.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1316529#post1316529

(Give a fuller description of yourself in your penpal add. Who you are, that you suffer from panic/anxiety not just you're looking specifically for schizophrenia fearers. After all most panic/anxiety sufferers suffer from these fears. And respond to the other sufferers already there. There are a few already there looking for responses from people just like you. Private message those you think sound like they'd make a good friend)