PDA

View Full Version : please please read :-(

mila
01-08-13, 14:50
Please anyone, am i the only person getting this? I cant take it anymore it's so awful.
I have asked dr before few times, checked my eyes few times, and no answer really. I get this horrible feeling in my eyes sort of like if you do heavy exercise with your leg and then it gets so tight and heavy u cant even lift it. My eyes feel so tense and heavy, i cant look anymore and if i look at the computer it even gets blurry. But the worse thing is it makes me feel so sick, sick to my head really if that makes any sense and dizzy. I work a lot on the computer but my vision and eye health is perfect according to optometrist. I am obssessed with blood pressure which i dont know why and everything i feel makes me worry about it even though its never bad...its so so uncomfortable and awful.

emlica
01-08-13, 14:53
Is this all the time, or does it come on for a few days at a time and then go away? It sounds not dissimilar to some people's migraine symptoms, if it's not constant?

Presumably when you've been to the doctor he's checked your blood pressure and it's fine, right? So it won't be that. The thing is that some of what you've described could, I would have thought, be easily caused by tiredness and anxiety.

Jeninthesky
01-08-13, 15:49
You sound like you're straining your eyes. You can strain even if your vision is fine. Make sure you are in a well lighted room with your computer and turn down the brightness on the screen. Do the 20 20 20... every twenty minutes, look twenty feet away, for twenty seconds. This keeps your eyes fit and healthy!

mila
01-08-13, 18:35
Thank you both! It's not constant, there are periods i dont get it then sometimes i get it more. I really need to try and do the 20 20 20 thing but i sometimes get so focused at work that i totally forget. It's such a horrible feeling, i get the same feeling if i read in the car, sometimes i could feel like that for days afterwards.

princesszelda
01-08-13, 22:36
How are your sinuses? I was having some vision issues similar to what you have been having as well as similar feelings. I was told to rest my eyes, and I was also told that sinus issues could contribute to odd eye sensations. :)

Speranza
02-08-13, 06:12
How are your sinuses? I was having some vision issues similar to what you have been having as well as similar feelings. I was told to rest my eyes, and I was also told that sinus issues could contribute to odd eye sensations. :)

Definitely. The other thing is, have you seen an optician? I was told I have dry eyes and this is why I get the pain. You can buy non-prescription drops. If they help. bingo - you know the cause.

emlica
02-08-13, 08:13
The sinuses are a good point, yes! Particularly if you get hayfever - and not everyone's hayfever is the runny nose and itchy eyes kind. Mine manifests itself mostly as a painful sinus headache.