PDA

View Full Version : Latest worry - weight loss

debbsi
01-08-13, 21:34
Grrr really fed up with this, my HA is really bad at the moment. My DH came home from work really pleased with himself telling me he weighed himself today and has lost a stone! So rather than being please for him I panic that he has lost weight. He doesn't worry like me and when I said it worried me he said what's to worry about? He works 12 hr shifts in a manual job and has done quite a bit of overtime recently and in this heat we've had. He replaced his full breakfast with porridge last year and has a full health check up about 5 months ago which was fine. He last weighed himself he says aroun 3 to 4 months ago so I suppose in that time a stone is ok. He says he doesn't really feel in himself he has lost that much. So that's me rationalising lets hope he's owk and that I can now stop ruminating. Wish I was like him, he rarely worries about anything.

aggiecuttler
02-08-13, 10:14
men tend not to worry quite like us ladies, so are you worried that his weight loss has sinister causes, if he has changed his diet then this will be the reason, try not to worry yourself at least he is getting fit and healthy blessings

joelhall
02-08-13, 12:30
12 hours shifts and change in diet - no wonder he lost weight. However, if he lost over 10% of his body weight very quickly, without any lifestyle or dietary changes then that would be worrying. I don't think you have anything to worry about here :)