PDA

View Full Version : IBS - How often is normal?

ksmith
17-10-06, 10:52
Sorry to talk toilet guys but my bowel habits are starting to alarm me. It's not unusual for me to have to go to the toilet four times a day, sometimes more. It is quite alarming to be OK one minute then having to rush to the loo the next with what I can only describe as horrendous diarreoh with an absolutely terrible smell. I know no ones numbers twos smell like roses but this is abnormal!!! Really really bad wind as well that could clear a TV lounge in seconds (sorry!!).

Starting to think I should go to Doc's for investigation. Anyone experienced anything similar (could it be the SSRI drugs?).

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

Kay

anxious
17-10-06, 11:14
Hiya,

ive had IBS for years, but usually the other way around and i cant go!
What they say is what is 'normal' for you. If there is a change in your normal habbits then its problably best to get checked out, though chances are you are absoultly fine.
Do you take anything for IBS, i did once and had alarming results (family disowned me lol).

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

susie
17-10-06, 11:30
hi there ive had ibs for years ,somtimes its what you eat can make things worse ,what is your diet like also stress makes it worse ,your stomach is going in to overdrive .if i was you have a word with your gp he may be able to advise you on what food is best to avoid , and maybe give you something to settle your tummy ,hope this helps good luck sue:)

yorkylover
17-10-06, 13:45
Hello,you may have picked up a bug of some sort.Have you changed your meds recently.Im on ssri but they bind me up,but were all different.I would give it 24hrs,drink plenty of water and see how you are in the morning.I have days were I can be constipated one day and very loose the next.Anxiety can make you need to clear out and it doesnt smell like roses believe me!!!!!!![:I]

Ellen XX

ksmith
17-10-06, 17:38
Thanks for the advice - it's not a subject you can discuss with many people is it ? lol ....

I seem to be like Ellen, toilet habits unpredictable, eg., two days perhaps normal, one or two days constipation and other days uncontrollable tom tits.

Kay x