PDA

View Full Version : if i had hodgkins...

Gemmal
02-08-13, 00:52
if I had hodgkins for 18 months would I know now ?

Symptoms started march 2012, and I have had numerous bloods and a chest x ray

I have no huge swellings just other symptoms ?

anyone offer knowledge or help ?far too terrified to google the disease in detail

aggiecuttler
02-08-13, 06:45
Do not google that will not help, if you have had blood tests then its all fine dont worry blessings

Darren1
02-08-13, 10:10
what symptoms do you have?

joelhall
02-08-13, 12:19
After 18 months with untreated Hodgkin's lymphoma, if you weren't already dead you'd be severely ill - and I mean severely!

emlica
02-08-13, 12:24
I really think you'd know. 18 months without treatment would cause you to feel very very (like hospitalized) ill. If your blood results are clear then it's almost certainly not that. If you have no major swellings, what symptoms are you worried about? Most of the other symptoms are found with loads of other (minor!) conditions - including anxiety!

joelhall
02-08-13, 12:34
To be honest, I would say the chances of you having Hodgkin's lymphoma are roughly 0%. Your clinical presentation doesn't match any stage of this disease, and the bloods do not show it. I know exactly what to look for in HL, and any doctor or pathology scientist would be able to easily spot it as well, simply by looking at the sample under a microscope.

Gemmal
02-08-13, 12:38
Thank you Joel hall ! You have made me feel tonnes better today !The symptoms started with the pain with alcohol for which I have had six cbcs including the LDH and all the inflammatory tests and a chest x ray .

Also itchy skin and mild night sweats .

I'm guessing all can be anxiety explained . It's been 18 months of living hell for me I'm not sure how I survived Uni .

Thanks for taking the time to make me feel better
Gemma

joelhall
02-08-13, 12:42
Is this always associated with alcohol intake?

Gemmal
02-08-13, 12:49
Yeh pretty much ! Not the itching though . not sure if I'm predicting the pain therefore it happens

joelhall
02-08-13, 13:39
Most likely just due to having a little too much, alcohol certainly makes you sweat, especially when hungover.

Gemmal
02-08-13, 13:46
Yeh I think your right Joel ! once again thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me :) I have been going out of my mind ! Lets hope I can move past this hodgkins fear !

Fingers crossed !

Ronno
02-08-13, 14:55
My wife had Hodgkin's , yes you would know by now , and you would have no immunity so you would be really ill .

Gemmal
02-08-13, 15:05
Thank you. Ronno ! sorry to hear your wife had it , I hope is well now :)

Gemma

Ronno
02-08-13, 17:52
Yes she's all clear six years later. These cancers have high cure rates, I see a lot of people on this site fearing lymphoma but the symptoms are not just a enlarged lymph node (and these nodes grow very large ,the size of a chickens egg in the case of my wife ) there's the intense itching , weakness , night sweats , weight loss to name a few , don't worry , a blood test is the first thing your doctor will do , and that will show up some thing is wrong , and you've done that haven't you . Oh the pain with alcohol is not a common feature ,

Gemmal
02-08-13, 21:54
Thank you ronno ! That's great she is six years all clear ! And It is comforting with the successive rates of these cancers !

My itching comes and goes every six weeks and my night sweats haven't been drenching so far . so far so good !

I've had about six blood tests with all the markers so I'm praying that it could not be missed !!

Thank you for taking the time to re assure me !

Ronno
03-08-13, 07:31
Gemmal , hi again, this will be my last post I promise on the subject.
The night sweats are drenching enough to change night clothes and blankets.the itching is intense and always there ( and first symptom to go with treatment )
That's to do with the lymphatic Channels being irritated ? And these markers are very very accurate ! And after my wife's treatment she would have twice yearly check ups and every now and again they would check using these markers . Take care don't worry , ( next month you'll be worrying about some thing else lol ) :)

Gemmal
05-08-13, 01:21
Hi ronno ! Thanks for taking the time to reply to me again ! it's comforting knowing that the symptoms are much more severe than I though with hodgkins ! I spoke to a doctor who said if I had it for 18 months the nodes of my neck would be huge !! so am I at ease for now lol ! But still wish i could have more bloods . im resisiting . As u say no doubt it will be something else tomorrow !!

Take care and I wish yourself and your wife good Health for the future !