PDA

View Full Version : Hand Tremor and MS I cant escape it

rollergirl
02-08-13, 02:29
HI Again.....I've posted about ta tremor I had in my left hand a few weeks back when I was playing with my phone. Then that fear subsided for a bit after my chiropractor told me I show no signs of having MS or anything neurologically wrong with me. I also mentioned it to two doctos who pretty much brushed it off when they couldnt see my hands shake on inspection. Then last night I was squeezing the dish liquid into the tun when my other hand (the right side) had a similar tremor while I was squeezing. It only lasted a few seconds and stopped as soon as I stopped squeezing but it was enough to throw me into a total spin of which I cannt escape. I have made another appointment to see a doctor tomrrow but I'd really like to not feel the need to go if possible. Does anyone else get hand tremors??? I made the mistake of googling to try to get some re-assurance and all was going well until I read a womans post about how she has MS and her hand tremors were getting worse!!!..I also read that hand tremors are a classic sign of MS and this freaked me out. I feel like the docs brushed it off pretty quickly as nothng to worry about becasue they couldnt see it at the time. Should I believ my doctors and my chiropractor or go through with ANOTHER appointment? I just cant put this on into perspective. Its not just the shakes or internal vibrating...I get that all the time but this was a definate tremor. Can it be caused by pinches or knots in the neck/shoulders as I have been seeing chiro for those. I will add I do get most classic anxiety symptoms but I cant believe that random full-on tremor while holding something is an anxiety manifestation...especially since I felt fine and had no other signs of anxiety at the time...wasnt even thinking about it!.. Thanks in advance I guess I'm looking for re-assurance. x0

Speranza
02-08-13, 06:00
Could it be typing-related?

emlica
02-08-13, 12:21
If you're seeing a chiro for neck and shoulder issues, then I wouldn't be surprised if this was related. Are your neck and shoulder issues related to sitting at a desk all day (do you work in an office)? It could easily be connected - if your neck and shoulders are sore, your posture might be a bit off (either as a result of the neck and shoulder issues, or as the cause of the neck and shoulder issues) and if you spend a lot of time typing, or using a mouse, etc, I could well imagine that it could result in odd things happening with your arms and hands. I also find I get slightly shaky hands if I've not had enough to eat or if I'm over tired. If I'm reading it right, you've only noticed it twice? Once a few weeks ago while using your phone, and then this time in the other hand squeezing a washing up liquid bottle? That doesn't actually sound much like a 'random full on tremor' to me, to be honest, if it only lasted a few seconds and only while you were squeezing. It sounds more like what I get in my legs sometimes if I'm sitting wrong, and sometimes in my hand if I'm leaning on a funny bit of my elbow - like I'm trapping a nerve or something, just goes a bit shaky for a bit and then stops.

Ccat
02-08-13, 22:14
Hi- I get this A LOT - so really sympathise- x
from what i can see people can get this from carpal and/or cubital tunel syndrome- i have had a nerve test to see if it may be this - am awaiting results
are you on any medication at all? it cn be a side-effect?

:hugs: