PDA

View Full Version : Tingling sensation in face....

Jennaxox
02-08-13, 07:42
Hey :)
Last night I had this strange burning tingling sensation in the left side of my face just underneath my eye and it
Went into my
Lips and on my tongue it felt really strange and worried me abit, I also wrote on here the other day because I've been gettin a pain in the left side of my neck/head but the doctor thinks that a nerve or muscle I've pulled/damaged anyway does anyone have any advice on what this could be? Thanks xxxx

purgatory
02-08-13, 09:07
Hi Jennaxox

I have has the same thing myself and it was the left side of my face and strangel only the left area of my lips and yes the left side of the tongue but I also had a stabbing/lighting bolt pain down the left side.

I thought I was having a stroke or something and all the doctors said was what you have already said.

Anyway I went to my dentist as I remembered I had a filling done a week before the sensation had started and they did an x-ray to see if maybe the needle had hit a nerve but it had not and also they said it looked like a tooth had impacted on a nerve and that maybe causing the problem.

So they sent me to hospital to see the dental team and they did an MRI and that ruled out anything sinister (That was good).

Anyway they could not seem to find the cause... So it was a case of they put me on a drug called Pregabalin as the shooting pain point to a nerve problem and that helps treat nerve pain and yes it helped.

But also it seemed like I was left to try and find out the real cause myself and the only thing I can find is Anxiety leading to Jaw clenching and that in turn is putting a small amount of pressure upon the nerves in the face that serve the jaw and around the cheekbone.

So to sum up burning/tingling sounds very much like nerve related and that can be caused by jaw clenching and also poor posture.... Try to figure out what you are doing before this happens and you will find a pattern and it will just be a case of trail and error to help sort the problem out.
But as I found out it was nothing of any real concern for me.

Jennaxox
02-08-13, 18:16
Thank you xxxx

princesszelda
02-08-13, 18:22
Jenna,

It appears we woke up with the same fear this morning. :)

I have been having this for a few weeks. I spoke to my doctor about it, and she was not overly concerned and said that it was fairly common. Could be sinus related, etc.

I am going to have a sit down talk with a personal friend who is also an MD next week. I am trying not to worry about it too much now.

:)