PDA

View Full Version : A small win!

Just Some Guy
02-08-13, 08:59
Thought I'd post this on here since when I called home to tell my wife about it her response was "Oh, is that an achievement then?" :ohmy:

It's only a small win for me, but its a win.

Anyway...this morning, after letting two trains pass as they were - in my mind - too crowded and there were no seats, I managed to get through a 10-15 minute train journey unscathed! :yahoo: It was packed, I had to stand, AND it got stuck just outside the station so we had to wait before being able to get off. I have to admit when I got on the train I thought there was a spare seat, and by the time I realised there wasn't it was too late to get off.

Backstory - prior to this, following passing out on a train a few weeks back, I have avoided packed trains and have only got on one if I can get a seat, sometimes letting one or two pass if they're too busy; also spending too long on them causes me to begin stressing and panicking so I change frequently every few stops.

I felt nervous and sick the whole time, and had to concentrate to keep a lid on my stress levels but...I did it! And I didn't pass out! And I didn't full blown panic! And...and...and... :yesyes:

Anyway, just thought I'd share that here as I needed to tell someone. Thanks for listening.

Tufty
02-08-13, 09:12
:yahoo: I think you coped amazingly well, well done. Public transport causes anxiety in lots of people, especially when the trains are busy and the thought of the carriage getting stuck outside the station sends me into a panic just thinking about it. You've come a long way - so well done again. Try to build on this, next time you may feel less or more anxious but that's OK, don't let it put you off, you won't pass out and each time you do it you should be proud knowing that you are overcoming your fears.

Sam
(Did you know that Sigmund Freud had a train phobia - so you're in good company!)

Just Some Guy
02-08-13, 11:00
Thanks Tufty. Onwards and upwards! :D

Speranza
02-08-13, 11:54
Well done!!

oncehappy
02-08-13, 17:04
That was no small win......it was.....HUGE.....well done!!!!!

Shorty11
02-08-13, 17:59
Well done mate big win once again well done

Spot-the-frog
02-08-13, 18:02
That is a HUGE achievement, believe you me I know about fainting etc so you have done brilliantly and should be very proud of you and so should your wife! x

Just Some Guy
02-08-13, 21:25
Thanks guys, your comments and support mean a lot and are appreciated!

AuntieMoosie
02-08-13, 23:25
Yes that most certainly is a huge win :yesyes:

Well done you, I know how hard it is to do these things and it takes every bit of courage and strength that you can muster.

A little word to your wife **a little bit of encouragement and support goes a long way**.........meant in the nicest possible way of course as I'm sure your wife is a lovely person :)

Beabaker1983
03-08-13, 17:26
:yesyes:Big pat on the back- well done u!

SarahH
03-08-13, 17:32
:yahoo:Excellent achievement!