PDA

View Full Version : Newbe

paulb3676
02-08-13, 09:39
Hi my names paul I have been suffering with major depression and anxiety since september when i had a full break down been on countless medication and have been very close to being sectioned, very narrow escape. now on the following meds 50mg sertraline 45mg mirtazapine 10mg diazepam. Feel crap most days and now feeling very irritable and angry. God knows I'm trying. My wife doesnt seem to understand, and our relationship has nearly brokendown. Just wanted to post to see if anybody elses was on the same meds. Many Thanks

aggiecuttler
02-08-13, 10:21
sorry about your situation, i dont know your meds unfortunately but i wanted to say you are in a boat with others who know what you are going through, its a journey and the meds will really help you get through this its hard for those who do not suffer to appreciate what we go through hang in there blessings

paulb3676
02-08-13, 11:23
Tell me about it. I get pull yourself together, snap out of it Etc. If I had broken my arm, people would be oh I are you okay? But with a mental illness I look okay. Just cant see a light at the end of the tunnel and taking one day at a time, not making big plans. Trying a few hobbies and going back to the gym next week, going on walks etc. Somedays I can't get out of bed, Its hard to explain that to someone.

thanks for the response.

merlin 1232
09-08-13, 11:53
I know from my own experience how hard it is when you have a mental illness, no-one can feel what you are going through and there are times when you don't know which way to turn. Don't EVER give up trying, work closely with you GP and eventually you will find light at the end of that dark tunnel. Have you tried cognitive therapy? I have my name down and I am waiting for an appointment. I had a breakdown 14 years ago which lasted two years and then after weaning myself off the medication I was fine until a few months ago when things started going wrong again. I am on 15 mg Mitrazipine and Clonazepam 0.5mg to be taken as and when. Keep going we will get there in the end.:D

paulb3676
09-08-13, 16:10
I was with the crisis team at Parkwood Blackpool, but I was referred back to primary care and have my first CBT on 4th sept. I did talking therapy. It might work for some, but made me feel 100 time worse. On a plus note dont have much feeling at the moment, due to the amount of meds. Hope CBT is the forward. Plus have joined a Gym and start monday.

Thanks for the reply

merlin 1232
09-08-13, 16:23
Very positive move to join the gym and divert you energy into something instead on thinking all the time. Sorry that talking made things worse for you but it may have been the councillor you were with, perhaps this one will be better for you. Keep yourself occupied I find it helps.

paulb3676
09-08-13, 16:51
Many thanks, for the reply. Its a great forum to be on, great positive advice etc. Thanks

MrAndy
09-08-13, 17:27
keep trying and hang in there Paul it does get easier as time goes by

paulb3676
14-08-13, 08:21
trying some days are harder than others, trying to stay positive, its very hard.