PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety so bad atm

amandaj
02-08-13, 10:31
as some of you know I lost my dad 3 weeks ago, and past few days my health anxiety has gone completely out of control, I keep thinking im going to die im not sleeping cos everytime I shut my eyes I m having really bad dreams ive lost appetite again as have done in past with this just feel nervous and shakey inside would just like to know im not only one feeling like this as its so scarey x

Ats666
02-08-13, 12:02
No you're not the only one feeling like this. So sorry about your dad :( I have had a bereavement but my ha has gone out of control at the moment. Constantly think I'm going to die and it's a horrible feeling, I'm not living my life as I'm scared of dying and people don't understand what that's like unless they have experienced it. Big hugs xx

emlica
02-08-13, 12:27
It's not surprising you're feeling like this when your dad passed away so recently - bereavement triggers just about everything you can think of, especially if you're already susceptible. Would it be worth - if you're not already - looking into some counselling? For the bereavement, I mean (you could try CRUSE?), though I guess also for the anxiety. But it's still so recent - even with no underlying HA at play, my mum was feeling like you for several weeks after she lost her mum suddenly. It does pass - but you do need to eat or you'll just feel even more shaky!

amandaj
02-08-13, 19:51
thank you for replying both of you atts I completely understand the feeling of dying its horrible ,im going to ask for counselling definatly im trying to eat just feel sick all the time xx

Elen
02-08-13, 20:05
Amanda so sorry to hear that your health anxiety is kicking off again.

I am around a lot at the moment so give me a shout if you want to talk.

Try and eat, it does help but know that it is easier said than done.

Counseling sounds like a good idea, hopefully this is a blip and you will get through it quickly.

tc Elen

amandaj
06-08-13, 12:43
thank you ellen def not feeling any better yet x