PDA

View Full Version : Big difference in side-effects 50-100?

Ccat
02-08-13, 13:00
Ok- sorry its me again! :blush:I mentioned i was still having side-effects from going up to 100mg from 50mg

its been 3 weks now- and this morning when i woke i had theses weird little "twitches" in my legs and arms

this is on top of the odd shakiness/ tremors i get in arms. I am getting so stressed by this - i am due to see dr next week anyway and am awaiting results from nerve test on arms and a thyroid blood test

I kind of feel like i am super aware of my blood pumping round and my pulse?- strangely though i am prone to high blood pressure but i have had an ear infection this week and nurse did my bp and it was ok!

please can anyone advise/reassure? I feel so anxious all the time :ohmy:

Ccat xxx

NR
02-08-13, 17:30
Cat. I started on 100 mg and had this in my left hand. For a few days I could feel it in the same place. Now my tiny finger sticks out more! The pulse has gone away.

I'm not coping with the side affects and am going to come off them. I've felt sick for seven weeks and had no energy or motivation.

Ccat
02-08-13, 21:33
Thanks NR- the sidf-effects are tough aren't they? Do you think you've had any improvement at all?
As you say- i think 7 weeks- you should see some improvement. I am realy not sure what to do for the best- i will gp back to dr next week.
Please let me know how you're doing. I guess maybe dr might put on 50mg for a bit to "ween" you off? I do think i had less side-effects on 50mg.

Anyway, best wishes to you Cat xxx:hugs:

NR
03-08-13, 09:34
Some things got a bit better and others worse. My mind was busy in the morning and clearer in the afternoon which was nice. However the evenings were busy. I felt a bit more confident. But lost all motivation so that was pointless. Worse thing was an increasing amount of panic attacks. Plus all the sickness, not eating, yawning and tired all the time.

Plus all the other minor ones I felt it better to come off. Seven weeks is a fair amount of time. I did say 11 weeks at first but I can't see things getting better.

stormborn
03-08-13, 14:14
For the first 2 weeks of being on 100mg I had strong shaking in my legs and sometimes my arms. It was usually when I was almost asleep. It would last a few seconds and happen often. I was paranoid I was going to have a seizure.

My mind and body felt separate when I was tired! I would feel relaxed in my mind but my body would be stressing.

Cars made me jumpy and people walking towards me made me get a sinking feeling as though they were evil or something.

Those side effects went away though.

Ccat
03-08-13, 20:11
Ah I see NR- so on balance- the positives don't really outweigh the negatives? Do you think you'll try another anti-d?:hugs:

Thank you Stormborn- it is a horrible feeling isn't it? Mmm- its been 3 weeks now and still happening- maybe i should give it another week? I am due to go back to dr soon so will discuss it with her. How long have you been on 100 now? Do you think it is working weell for you? i hope so:hugs:

Ccat xxx

NR
03-08-13, 21:46
I'm really not sure about trying another one. On one hand, if could work as I had some improvements. On the other hand it seems a bit trail and error with a possible downside of side affects.

I'm struggling with it. I do know I need to see I can come off this med without too many withdrawal problems.

How are you?

Barnabas75
03-08-13, 22:18
Hi,sorry to hear about what you are experiencing.I am on 75mg sert.I went up from 25mg to 50 mg to 75mg.From 50mg to 100mg is a big jump.Maybe I am fortunate as my side effects start to subside after 7 days.The main one for me is jaw clenching and apparently thats not a side effect.I did a few times take the med after a small breakfast eg a bannana..When I did this I noticed I was a lot more nervous and edgy and so on.So I eat a big breakfast before taking them and find that makes a huge difference.maybe I am just lucky.This med is definetly helping me through a tough stage.Hopefully you speak to your doc and see what he says.Are you doing anything physical during the day like exercise?All the best.greg

stormborn
04-08-13, 14:22
I've been on 100mg for 18 days. I've read that higher doses help for anxiety but higher doses are more likely to cause side effects so it's about finding that right balance. The only reason why I would change medication was if I had side effects that I couldn't stand. I don't want to be jumping from one antidepressant to another without first trying them long term, and at various doses.

I feel they are helping ever so slightly with my depression but I don't know if it's the tablets or because I was at breaking point before seeing the doctor.

My anxiety was mostly social but now I'm jumpy, I don't feel nervous when it happens though. I've also read somewhere that if your anxiety gets worse to begin with it could mean that they will work for anxiety once your body gets used to them. Or maybe they are wrong for you - only time will tell.

Ccat
04-08-13, 20:57
Hi agin NR- yes it is very tricky isn't it? Are you due to see the dr soon at all? I worry about withdrawk if i have to come off them too. I'm not so good to be honest- my left arm feels weird all the time - and am getting strange sensations in right arm too- i'm wondering maybe if i should go down to 50mg again x

Thanks Greg- oh that sounds more sensible- maybe dr should have given me 75 first too! I will bear in mind what you said about having a decent breakfast first. I'm glad they're helping you. I havent been doing much exercise to be honest- do you think this would help? x

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

Thanks Stormborn x it is difficult to tell. I ddi feel very bad before i first went on them but then the side-effects are stressing me ( i did already have some trouble with my left arm and had some anxiety that something neurological could be wrong )- but i try and remind myself i had an mri after christmas and it was normal. You know what its like when you get into an anxious "loop" and keep thinking the same horrible thoughts?
Yeah- i kind of feel a bit jumpy and "twitchy" somhow- i do't like it! x

Barnabas75
04-08-13, 21:42
Hi Ccat,I think taking them on a full stomach has made a difference for me.Just a walk or something for circulation may help.My doc also wanted me to go from 50 to 100.But because of the side effects I decided to go to 75 first.These meds do usually work.Our bodies just need time to adjust to them.Next week I am going up to 100.Will let you know how that goes.Hope you had a better day today.greg

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

I also got a bit jumpy and twitchy at 75.But I was wondering at the time whether it was anxiety or the meds causing it.I find I have to take those things into consideration.Anxiety shows in weird symptoms and I dont want to confuse the 2.Once I get to 100 from what I have read I need to wait for about 6-12 weeks to really know if the meds are helping.Unless some weird side effect happens.But now I dont bother reading the side effects or thinking about them.I know the first time I tried sert I read them and did not last long because I was so worried.Had to start again and this time I am not thinking about them and its much better.

Ccat
04-08-13, 22:23
ah- thank you Greg.
You are quite right- our bodies do need time to adjust- I will have better breakfasts this week and try and get out and about a bit more too- thanks for your advice.
Yes- please do let me know how you get on with 100mg.

best wishes

Ccat :hugs: x

Barnabas75
06-08-13, 19:24
How are you?Any better with the meds?Started 100mgs yesterday and so far nothing bad to report..yet.

Ccat
06-08-13, 19:34
Ah- glad you've had no side-effects as yet Greg

I'm ok thanks- I went to drs today but could't see my usual dr, it turned out my nerve test was normal on my arms and my thyroid in range.
I told dr that i was still quite shaky- she said - like you- t give it minimum of 6 weeks for body to adjust (just under 4 weeks now )
She also has taken blood test to check my vitamin B12 and vitamin D levels.

Hope you continue well on 100mg- let me know

best wishes CCat x

Barnabas75
06-08-13, 21:25
ha,thats good news about your exams.Hope the next ones are good also.The only side effects so far are yawning and jaw clenching at night but that usually goes after a week.My arm did twitch yesterday but only once.Made me worry a bit but only happened once so was okay.There is anxiety still and a lump in my throat but thats more in my head than anything physical and feeling sick and shaky.On the positive side my head is a lot clearer and my thoughts are not racing so much.Are you any less shaky by the way?

Ccat
07-08-13, 00:04
its good that your thoughts aren't racing so much - its a horrible feeling. yes- you are right- don't worry about the odd twitch here and there.

yeah- i am still shaky- my left arm is the worst- seems to be certain positions that it doesn't like!

anyway, good to hear from you,

best wishes, ccat x

Barnabas75
09-08-13, 19:35
How is it going Ccat?

I am on day 5 of 100 and its been a mild day...so far.

Ccat
10-08-13, 14:30
Hi Greg!

Glad you are doing ok so far- that sounds promising :)

I'm much the same really. Thank you for asking. I should get my vit b12 and vit d results this coming week - it sounds awful but i kinda hope one of them IS out of whack - as this might explain some symptoms if you know what i mean.

anyways- hope you have agood week end,

love CCat x