PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when I'm right and the doc I wrong!

Gee
02-08-13, 13:10
I went to the doctor with back pain - like where my kidneys are and told him I was going to the bathroom a lot so obviously I'm thinking uti or kidney prob, then he says no it's muscular and sends me off

I had to go back again today because the pain moved to my bladder and explained everything to the doc and she dd a urine test, guess what UTI like I thought!

Doctors misdiagnosing me had what's caused by HA after a bad experience when I was 10 which ended in a operation so when they do it now it makes my HA worse! I know they can't know everything or get it right all the time but surely that one was obvious lol

emlica
02-08-13, 13:18
That sucks. I think I'm quite lucky - I went to the doc's a while back with what I thought might have been a UTI or kidney problem and he did a urine test immediately. Doesn't seem a difficult thing to do so can't really work out why your doctor wouldn't have done one. I doubt those dip test things are even that expensive...

Gee
02-08-13, 13:31
I know! It was so weird, I basically went today and said look this is what it is and she did the test to be sure and said yep u are right!

When I had a problem when I was a kid I had a pretty much constant agonising uti so I know what it feels like!

swajj
02-08-13, 15:44
It's weird that your doctor didn't do a dipstick test straight away. Maybe you need to find a new doctor.