PDA

View Full Version : Can this really be anxiety or am I actually ill?

Shelly15
02-08-13, 14:28
I've suffered panic attacks since 2008 which I could control, then I fell pregnant in 2010 and felt a bit anxious because I don't like doctors or hospitals so was dreading giving birth. I have birth November 2010 which was pretty traumatic. After that I didn't have panic attacks or anxiety for a year till my sons first birthday I kept getting headaches and felt very dizzy when walking anywhere and my heart would flutter alot leaving me so scared I was then diagnosed with health anxiety as I went to the doctors thinking I had a brain tumour and every other illness I couldn't believe anxiety could leave me felling like that. So I just got on with things even if I did feel ill. My anxiety went down and I didn't feel faint or dizzy anymore. Then November 2012 I thought I had a blood clot in my lung that triggered anxiety again but I didn't let it get to me. Till 4 months ago my ear piecing got infected I thought I had blood poisening I kept feeling faint again and I was scared to leave the house then I kept needing a wee and had itchy skin which was all put down to anxiety after that I just kept thinking I have something wrong with me I started CBT which has helped a little bit but my brother passed away so my therapy wasent really helping I felt so depressed and ill. Now when I walk I feel off balance I still keep needing a wee and I feel lightheaded alot of the time the thought of going out petrifies me, and I get tired really easily even though I sleep well at night.

I know I suffer health anxiety but I really believe this time there is something wrong with me causing my anxiety and the doctors won't listen. I'm sure I've got something wrong withy bladder or ovaries or something I don't no I keep getting period pain and alot of discharge. I don't no if this is anxiety causing me all this pain or I've got something wrong with me which is giving me really bad anxiety.

Sorry this is long just a bit my story. I just need reassuring.

aggiecuttler
02-08-13, 18:25
i would get a blood test to rule out diabeties tiredness and peeing can be a sign good luck blessings

TheScript
02-08-13, 18:30
To me it sounds like anxiety for sure. Since you've been to the doctor many times and nothing was wrong. Lightheaded and frequent urination are anxiety symptoms. You could check to rule out diabetes but it really sounds like anxiety to me.

Lilharry
03-08-13, 03:04
You sound just like me, Shelly. I am getting help for it finally after visiting numerous doctors who told me it was all in my head. You need to see a naturopath or integrative doctor who can treat you for candida. Regular doctors won't help sadly. I'm finally starting to improve after a very long time of living in a nightmare.