PDA

View Full Version : Isolation

R.Barratt
02-08-13, 14:50
Hello everyone :) I hope you are all well.
Since i finnished college for the Summer holidays my depression has become a lot worse. I struggle to leave my house for weeks at a time and even then i need my partner by my side because i am s scared of going outside of my home. I think the loss of a routine ha triggered this. But i am really struggling to set a new routine in place. I always feel so exhausted and i am sleeping 12 hours each day and even then i feel like i havent slept. I have tryed to set alarms to get me up but i always feel so heavy and like i havent slept at all. I am alo feeling really paranoid and i dont want to speak to anyone. Beacuse think theyre talking about me and i have to have my curtains closed in fear f people watching me and judging me for not beig indepedent enough to go out on my own and for being so fat. Does anyone else struggle with this? Does anyone have any tips for me please? I am in a rut and i hate it x

PunkyFish
02-08-13, 19:31
Hello everyone :) I hope you are all well.
Since i finnished college for the Summer holidays my depression has become a lot worse. I struggle to leave my house for weeks at a time and even then i need my partner by my side because i am s scared of going outside of my home. I think the loss of a routine ha triggered this. But i am really struggling to set a new routine in place. I always feel so exhausted and i am sleeping 12 hours each day and even then i feel like i havent slept. I have tryed to set alarms to get me up but i always feel so heavy and like i havent slept at all. I am alo feeling really paranoid and i dont want to speak to anyone. Beacuse think theyre talking about me and i have to have my curtains closed in fear f people watching me and judging me for not beig indepedent enough to go out on my own and for being so fat. Does anyone else struggle with this? Does anyone have any tips for me please? I am in a rut and i hate it x

Ello :)

My anxiety would sometimes flare up during the University holidays. A lot of the time I would sleep during the day and would only ever go out to the job I had at the time or to walk my dogs. I do think the loss of the routine could have triggered it. The only advice I can give is try to force yourself to stay awake during the day and sleep only at night. Try going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday. I know it's going to be tough at first but maybe once you get into a routine. I've also gone through days where I've not wanted to speak to people. Have you tried maybe doing something to fill up your time? i.e. read a book, take up a hobby ect. If you feel your depression is getting worse then it's probably best to go to your GP for advice and to rule out any health causes.

All the best. :D

Tessar
02-08-13, 22:06
Little steps, Rebecca. Find things to do. As pinky fish suggests, reading, hobbies. Basically, when stuck in a rut, you don't feel like you have energy. But strange tho it might sound, the more you push yourself to do something and then start doing it, the more inclined you feel to do it again and for longer.
Especially exercise, a walk around the block. Literally. The shortest distance. Just get yourself outside and breath the air. A few hundred yards to start off with. Then, you will discover, or perhaps rediscover how good it feels to be outside.
You can do this Rebecca. Push yourself. Just a little. A few little steps because it really will make a difference.

R.Barratt
03-08-13, 01:32
Thank you Punky fish and Tessar. I know you are both right. I just feel so pathetic for nly being able to take small steps. But i suppose i need to be more realistic with what i can actually do and i shouldnt be so harsh on myself. I do need to speak to my doctor about this but i have been putting it off for weeks because i dont want to feel rejected if they just say i am fine which they have done in the past. I supppose i just need to be more persistant. I will make sure to set a small task each day even if its just getting up at a certain time. Thanks again :) xxx

PunkyFish
03-08-13, 13:30
Thank you Punky fish and Tessar. I know you are both right. I just feel so pathetic for nly being able to take small steps. But i suppose i need to be more realistic with what i can actually do and i shouldnt be so harsh on myself. I do need to speak to my doctor about this but i have been putting it off for weeks because i dont want to feel rejected if they just say i am fine which they have done in the past. I supppose i just need to be more persistant. I will make sure to set a small task each day even if its just getting up at a certain time. Thanks again :) xxx

Aww :hugs:
You're not pathetic at all. Depression is a horrible thing to go through but it can be beaten. You're GP should be understanding. I remember when I went a few years ago I had the same feeling. However the GP was wonderful. I would maybe try and make an appointment but that's up to you. Maybe try writing down how you feel, symptoms ect if you do make an appointment which you will then be able to use to tell the GP how you feel. I hope everything is ok. Feel free to PM me if you ever need a chat with someone. :)

All the best! :D