PDA

View Full Version : Hello

zenflowers
02-08-13, 15:14
Hello, how are you all ?
I have been suffering from depression on and off all my life, and sever anxiety for about 18 months. Anxiety is something I have never experienced before and I used to be quite a strong person, now I cry and jump at the smallest of things ( like when I was out on a walk and a duck jumped into the river)
It makes me feel a bit like I am pathetic, after being such a strong person before and now the smallest things make my anxiety flare up !
It takes me by surprise too ! Think I am doing ok then BAM ! I'm a crying wreck in the corner !
Anyway, I hope you are all ok :) Hope to chat soon x

Moley
02-08-13, 15:30
Hello and welcome

zenflowers
02-08-13, 15:57
thank you moley x

Sparkle1984
03-08-13, 22:24
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :) Rest assured, you are still a strong person. Anyone who has to deal with anxiety on a daily basis is strong. :)

Mark13
03-08-13, 22:54
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

Stormsky
03-08-13, 23:50
:welcome:

sammykaye
04-08-13, 10:27

having to deal with anxiety every day and still function proves you are strong, even if it means you walk in the door and end up a blubbering mess - I reassure you more of us have been there than you probably realise.

These boards are fantastic hun, you will always find someone online whenever you need them, and so many useful tips/advice and even similiar experiences....

Its reassuring just to know your not alone sometimes too

welcome again hun and I look forward to talking to you more

x x Sam x x

zenflowers
04-08-13, 15:15
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :) Rest assured, you are still a strong person. Anyone who has to deal with anxiety on a daily basis is strong. :)

THank you kindly :D I am feeling much stronger today :)

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

Thank you kindly x

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

having to deal with anxiety every day and still function proves you are strong, even if it means you walk in the door and end up a blubbering mess - I reassure you more of us have been there than you probably realise.

These boards are fantastic hun, you will always find someone online whenever you need them, and so many useful tips/advice and even similiar experiences....

Its reassuring just to know your not alone sometimes too

welcome again hun and I look forward to talking to you more

x x Sam x x

thank you :) It is very reassuring to know you are not alone :D

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Thank you all for your lovely welcome x

jujubeaner45
04-08-13, 15:36
Not feeling the greatest this morning. Lots of anxiety. Waiting for my lexapro to kick in. Doc upped my dose on Thursday from 10 mg to 20 mg. Don't know if this could be making me worse or if again it's in my head. My doc said it should be helping take away the anxiety, just give it time. Any suggestions?

Sparkle1984
04-08-13, 15:47
Juju, its probably side effects from the increased dose. Hopefully it will settle down in a few days. :)

almamatters
04-08-13, 15:56
Hi :welcome: to the forum Zenflowers