PDA

View Full Version : Advanced cancer? Things keep on adding up.

Anxiety Jim
02-08-13, 21:37
I've been worried recently about several cancers, of which I'm sure I must have one of them. They are, testicular cancer, male breast cancer, and lymphoma / leukaemia.

I've been very exhausted for the last few weeks, having difficulty staying awake for the entire day, I get pains almost everywhere, especially all over my ribs (cancer spread to my lungs?).

Today I went for a walk to try to lose weight (currently 24 stone) and now an hour after getting back the bone at the top and left of my left foot is really painful, and when I roll my foot that way it sticks out and hurts a lot. So I'm worried that this might be broken, and broke easily because the cancer has spread to my bones.

I'm not sure what to do. It's not too painful with my foot flat. I've got a GP appointment on Wednesday, is it safe to wait do you think?

TheScript
02-08-13, 21:42
You don't have cancer. Pains in every part of your body is not a symptom of cancer. This is typical anxiety. You're fine, hope you feel better soon.

Darren1
02-08-13, 21:48
I've been worried recently about several cancers, of which I'm sure I must have one of them. They are, testicular cancer, male breast cancer, and lymphoma / leukaemia.

I've been very exhausted for the last few weeks, having difficulty staying awake for the entire day, I get pains almost everywhere, especially all over my ribs (cancer spread to my lungs?).

Today I went for a walk to try to lose weight (currently 24 stone) and now an hour after getting back the bone at the top and left of my left foot is really painful, and when I roll my foot that way it sticks out and hurts a lot. So I'm worried that this might be broken, and broke easily because the cancer has spread to my bones.

I'm not sure what to do. It's not too painful with my foot flat. I've got a GP appointment on Wednesday, is it safe to wait do you think?

I'm the same, but I think mine has spread further than yours.
I have swollen glands, bone pain and headaches so that includes the brain!

But apparantly im fine 'cos there's no primary cancer symptoms!

joelhall
02-08-13, 21:54
I think your weight might be behind a lot of these symptoms. Good luck losing it, it won't be easy, but persevere.

AuntieMoosie
02-08-13, 23:21
I agree with Joel.

I'm overweight too and I know that I get all sorts of aches and pains and I think it's not only that we're carrying a lot of weight, but also because of that, we're not moving around as much as we should so things start seizing up, we're a bit like cars, we have to keep moving :)

Keep doing what you're doing, I know it's hard but we'll feel much better with that weight gone :)

swajj
03-08-13, 01:14
If you had advanced cancer you wouldn't be sitting there and posting on here. You would be extremely sick. If you had a broken bone you wouldn't be able to put any weight on your foot at all. You are very heavy and the just the act of walking around is putting a lot of strain on your ankles etc. I'm not a doctor but any person with common sense can see the connection. Do you receive counselling? If not then you need to. It helps.

meche
03-08-13, 07:28
Yesterday I went to see someone in hospital who has advanced cancer. Are you bedridden, drifting in & out of consciousness, weigh 6 stone, blind & being injected painkillers? I'm not trying to ridicule your symptoms because to you they are very real (I've been there with other illnesses) but believe me you DO NOT have cancer! xx

skippy66
03-08-13, 08:36
If you go on a diet and start losing weight that's when you'll REALLY think you've got cancer...