PDA

View Full Version : Waking up in the middle of the night, fearful thoughts and dread

JCRyanDenton
02-08-13, 21:42
Last night i had one of the worst feelings of dread for quite some time. I woke up after an hour or so of sleep (usually this doesn't happen since i stay asleep for several hours), but last night was one of those nights probably due to the heat. I woke up fearing bizarre and unknown things, stuff thats just silly and won't happen in real life. I thankfully got to sleep after an hour or so, but these episodes have a very negative effect on my mood during the day. I actually thought i was dying during many of these episodes.

A noticeable one i had occurred a few months back, i had scary and intrusive thoughts about the game The Witcher 2 (i was playing it at the time), when this occurred i had to stop playing the game for a few weeks (finished it off later on), so you can see how it had this effect on me.

In health anxiety since i often worry about my health during these episodes. Never occurs during the day, just at night under the circumstances i listed.

TheScript
02-08-13, 21:47
Yeah the heat has me waking up in night sweats too. Keep your windows open and maybe a fan if you havn't already. I think with the heat getting less you waking up in the middle of the night will happen less frequently. Hope you have a good night sleep tonight.

JCRyanDenton
02-08-13, 21:54
Yeah the heat has me waking up in night sweats too. Keep your windows open and maybe a fan if you havn't already. I think with the heat getting less you waking up in the middle of the night will happen less frequently. Hope you have a good night sleep tonight.

Im gonna keep the windows open for tonight, but i hope to god the dread doesn't return since it will probably break me.

princesszelda
02-08-13, 23:11
Hi JC. :)

I used to wake up in the middle of the night and be plagued by ALL sorts of anxiety. Health anxiety is the worse for me, but living in California I would sometimes wake with a fear of having an earthquake or I would just get worried about work and school, etc.

Working out helped me with this one. I work out for about 45min to an hour every evening...and now I sleep very soundly. :)

JCRyanDenton
03-08-13, 12:49
I didn't have another similar episode. Took me a while to sleep again though so it still felt rather unpleasant.