PDA

View Full Version : help new meds

tam
17-10-06, 13:05
hi all i was wondering if you can help.ive just come back from docts after explaining that im stuck at a point of bad day good day but not going forward anymore,which is getting me down more and more.he has told me to cut my citalopram 40mg in half for 2 weeks then start new meds which are venlafaxine 75mg, and he says they should help me be more motivated and help me move forward hopefully.has anyone had or taking these?i need any advice or help with this please anything. im scared of doing the wrong thing changing the meds but want to try the new ones,just in a dont know whether im doing right situation please help if you can.thanks tracy

yorkylover
17-10-06, 13:12
Hi Tracey,Im on citalopram,but i have tried venlafaxine.They didnt work for me.This doesnt mean they wont work for you, we are all different.How long were you on citalopram for.I used to be on 60 mg a few years ago then came off them.Im now back on again at 20mg.the venlafaxine worked for my dad.You may get side affects but they usually go off after a while,its your body getting used to the new meds.
Im sure you will ok pet.;)

Ellen XX

tam
17-10-06, 13:20
hi ellen thanks for the reply, i have been on them for 2yrs now i think they have helped, but not at the moment i think they helped when i was very bad and couldnt get out of bedroom.what side affects did you have and how long did they last,when you had venlafaxine. just so i dont panic more if i get side affects,wondering what they are.thanks tc

yorkylover
17-10-06, 13:27
Hello again,try not to read the side affects,you will get them all other wise.venlafaxine made me quite poorly,but they might work brilliant for you.But you have to remember you are coming of one and going on another and your body has to adjust to this.Try not to worry.I hate starting new meds any meds come to that,but if they make you better then we have to take them.Im sure you will be fine pet.

Ellen XX

static
26-10-06, 17:01
Hi Tam, Venlafaxine is the only med i've ever taken, it was a wee bit of a rollercoaster ride for a week or two but i was so messed up at the start anyways i didn't care. After that initial period i felt much better however i was on 25mg twice daily little bit weaker. I was very tired on the meds but not having panic attacks and able to lead a decent life.

I came off them after 3-4 years this january and thought until now i had rid myself of anxiety attacks however it appears i may have to go back on the meds which i'm not to happy about but I need to get the normality back in my life and VH helped me before and i know it will help me through this difficult period with some alternative therapy also.

Good luck with it and don't worry if doesn't agree with you, there are other drugs and ways of dealing with it. Remember the meds just cover up the underlying issues causing the attacks.

D