PDA

View Full Version : Rib pains

bashley
03-08-13, 09:33
Hi I have terrible health anxiety and have suffered for years. The thing is I now have another awful symptom that's really worrying me. For just over a week I have been having awful left rib pains its like being stabbed with a hot poker and sometimes its like a pinching. It was so bad the other night I couldn't even sleep, I normally lay on my left side but the pain was unbearable so I had to sit up all night. I couldn't take a deep breath I was literally shaking it was like my ribs were going into spasms I made an appointment at the doctors he said stay on anti inflammatory pills for 10 days if no better he will send me for a scan as it can be to do with live,kidney or stomach problems this really scared me. I'm actually waiting for a date for a hysterectomy so something else to worry about has pushed my anxiety sky high. I feel like not doing anything apart from sitting in bed. I woke up today with the left rib pain but now I have pain in my back and when I press over my chest and under my right breast it really hurts like a bruise. When I bend down I get shooting pains across my chest. I'm so scared I am struggling to go on. I've had ecg, echo and heart and bp monitor all are fine so what are these pains .:weep: